Honored Contributor

Just saw TCM Remembers for 2021. Sad to see so many actors, actresses and people who worked behind the camera who died this year. 

Some I had not noticed that they had passed away or I had forgotten. So sad to see how many had passed.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

can it be seen online?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

In years past, I was only able to see it on the TV.

I just looked at the TCM website and could not find it. 

Looked on UTube and found (not the same)  In Memoriam 2021

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla 

I'll have to look for this as I get TCM.

Yes, when you see them all listed together, it is sad.  So many pass unnoticed.  People forget, myself included.

Respected Contributor

Re: TCM Remembers

[ Edited ]

I just saw it for the first time, too. So much enjoyyment given by all this talent, but will be there on film to enjoy for a long time to come. 

Respected Contributor
I missed it also. Maybe they will show again closer to end of year.
Honored Contributor

Usually a segment on the Oscars and Emmys  and maybe Golden Globes

Valued Contributor

TCM always does a phenomenal job with their end of year memorials.  The Oscars could learn a thing or two from them. 2012 always stands out as a particularly well done retrospective although all of the years are excellent. If you get a chance, watch it on YouTube.  Poignant and sad but  totally captures the sense of movies and TV that we've all grown to love.  I really can't say enough about how well they put these together.  I'm looking forward to this year's as soon as it's available.  

Esteemed Contributor

The "TCM Remembers" are absolutely best in class when it comes to these tributes.

They are always well researched, highly inclusive of all film trades, gloriously edited, appropriately scored and ultimately moving and poignant. 

By comparison,  I find the film academy's "In Memorium" to be amateurish and shoddy.  Generally,  only top ranking actors, actresses, directors and producers are included.  

I recall instances when acting nominees were omitted. 

By comparison,  TCM gives almost equal weight to cinematography, editing, casting, costume design, supporting players, etc.  Of course more attention is given to the final selection, this year being Christopher Plummer.

Honored Contributor

I no longer get TCM, so I have to be content with what I see on the awards shows.