Honored Contributor

3:15p EST

Vladimir Nabokov's racy classic focuses on an aging intellectual in love with a teenager.

Starring:  James Mason, Shelly Winters, Sue Lyons, Peter Sellers

I recently found out that the book was actually based on a real incident/kidnapping.

copy/paste link--->thedailybeast.com/did-grandmaster-sexay-wwe-star-brian-christopher-lawler-have-to-die?ref=scroll

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: 🎬 (TCM) Lolita 9/22 🎬

Thanks for the heads-up! I love that movie.🍿

Honored Contributor

I like the Jeremy Irons version better. I think Sleepless in Seattle is on this evening but forgot on which station.
Esteemed Contributor

Am  watching now. I've never seen this movie before. A bite provocative for 1962.  

The movie has alot of  humor . Shelley Winters was  fabulous   , always prancing around in  leopard print , tops, belts , dresses, ect.  She  was a talented actress .  I was surprised that Peter Sellers was in the movie . He was comical in the scene where he takes on numerous persona .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I was surprised that Peter Sellers was in the movie . He was comical in the scene where he takes on numerous persona .

Peter Sellers role in this movie was suppose to be very small - one scene non speaking.  However, the producer loved the way he improvised-went off script that he expanded it.

James Mason was going to retire from making movies to work on Broadway prior to accepting the lead in Lolita.  When he read the script, he wanted the limited role that was given to Peter.  He thought it would have been a hoot, since he could not dance in real life.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif