Respected Contributor

@hellie jo, I agree. I enjoy The Trouble With Harry and never see it broadcast. So many of his movie never seem to be shown. When was the last time a movie channel showed Stage Fright, or I Confess, or the 1934 version of The Man Who Knew Too Much? Seems all these movie channels have bought the same packages of movies and keep the same ones in rotation.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TCM - HItchcock Weekend

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

I agree they repeat programming way too often anymore.  I'm not sure why.  We've had discussions, but I don't remember the answer if there was one.

While I enjoy repeat viewings, I wouldn't mind some new selections at a reasonable hour....not in the wee hours of the morning!

One of my personal cheesy favorites, "Attack of the 50 ft. Woman" was shown just a few days apart this past week.  Cat LOL

I really don't need to see it again!

Honored Contributor

Another vote for the underrated "Stage Fright",  "Saboteur", "The Paradine Case", and of course, the near-perfect "Notorious".   None of these get shown as much as they merit.  

My all-time favorite HItchcock, "Shadow of a Doubt",  gets a regular airing, so cannot complain of that.  The more popular, 'crowd-pleasing' Hitchcocks like "Rear Window" are on an almost monotonously frequent rotation, while others languish.

Hitchcock's anomalous venture into classic screwball comedy,  "Mr. and Mrs. Smith",  is worthy of airing along with the heavyweights--  makes a fun contrast to the darker side of his portfolio.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TCM - HItchcock Weekend

[ Edited ]

"Rebecca" was last seen on TCM in July 2017.

Shortly after that TCM lost the rights to show Hitchcock films produced by David O Selznick:

Rebecca 

Notorious

Spellbound 

The Paradise Case

("North By Northwest" is one of the films most frequently shown on TCM.)

Respected Contributor

Love all of the above, but my favorites are The Man Who Knew Too Much, Midnight Lace, Vertigo and Rear Window.

Respected Contributor

Love Hitchcock, but do not have TCM😩😩😩😩. My own fault as I refuse to have to pay any more to Comcast.

I do have Peacock though and if anyone else does, both The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and the other half hour Alfred Hitchcock show are available there.  I watch them frequently as I do not have ME TV available in my area.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Another vote for the underrated "Stage Fright",  "Saboteur", "The Paradine Case", and of course, the near-perfect "Notorious".   None of these get shown as much as they merit.  

My all-time favorite HItchcock, "Shadow of a Doubt",  gets a regular airing, so cannot complain of that.  The more popular, 'crowd-pleasing' Hitchcocks like "Rear Window" are on an almost monotonously frequent rotation, while others languish.

Hitchcock's anomalous venture into classic screwball comedy,  "Mr. and Mrs. Smith",  is worthy of airing along with the heavyweights--  makes a fun contrast to the darker side of his portfolio.

Don't forget The 39 Steps!

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Love all of the above, but my favorites are The Man Who Knew Too Much, Midnight Lace, Vertigo and Rear Window.

I don't think Midnight Lace was a Hitchcock?

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I don't know, I wish TCM would mix it up. I like Hitchcock movies but it seems it's always the same Hitchcock movies. How about yanking Rebecca out of the vault.

How about yanking ROPE & Family Plot out of the vault.

No offense but  NO THANKS! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager   Oh no!!!  Didn't know that about TCM not being able to show Notorious, one of my top 3 Hitchcock films.  What a bummer!!!!