Honored Contributor

He used to be on late Saturday nights, repeated Sunday at noon, with his Film Noir movie and discussion. I can't find him anymore. Once he came on on a Friday night, but not anymore. Does anyone know what happened to the Film Noir night and Eddie? 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline I think it's because August is Star of the Day month featuring a different actor every day.  Eddie should be back next month.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TCM Eddie Mueller

[ Edited ]

That's right.  Noir Alley always makes way for Summer Under The Stars.

It will return to the schedule. 

In fact, Noir Alley returns September 5th with 1951's Cloudburst starring Robert Preston and Elizabeth Sellars.

Honored Contributor

Thanks!!

Trusted Contributor

Eddie Mueller and Alicia Malone are my favorite hosts on TCM. I love Eddie's commentaries; he knows so much about the backstories of the films and the stars. I love to hear him talk. Alicia is just a joy to watch. She also is very knowledgeable and has a pleasant way of speaking. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am currently reading Eddie's latest book, Dark City, the Lost World of Film Noir.  Great read

Honored Contributor

Eddie Mueller had talked about taking a break from the Noir movies durung Summer Under The Stars. I forgot who he was with him as he was talking.

My son bought "The Distance" for my birthday. Haven't started to read it yet. But I look forward to reading it.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac,  isn't "Dark City..."  a great book?  One of my go-to references.  Love all the vintage noir photos too.

@Judaline,  Eddie is just indispensable at TCM.  It was disappointing to me when they didn't give him an even bigger role there after the loss of the equally invaluable Robert Osborne.  He has real talent and original insights.

I think Alicia Malone and Dave (is it Dave?) Karger are passionate about vintage film and have potential--  would like to see more of them.

Looking forward to return of "Noir Alley"....

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my.   Then don't ever read the TCM Forums where the various hosts are discussed, dissected and shred into tiny inedible bits.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@mspatmac,  isn't "Dark City..."  a great book?  One of my go-to references.  Love all the vintage noir photos too.

@Judaline,  Eddie is just indispensable at TCM.  It was disappointing to me when they didn't give him an even bigger role there after the loss of the equally invaluable Robert Osborne.  He has real talent and original insights.

I think Alicia Malone and Dave (is it Dave?) Karger are passionate about vintage film and have potential--  would like to see more of them.

Looking forward to return of "Noir Alley"....

@Oznell Just ordered Dark City on your rec and @mspatmac 's.  Agree with your telling omission of Ben M., whom I find off-putting and not particularly knowledgeable. Granted, Robert Osborne left big shoes to fill, but TCM could've done so much better than BM.