Honored Contributor

TCM CHRISTMAS MARATHON STARTING DECEMBER 18

Barbara-Stanwyck-Christmas-in-Connecticut-Farmhouse.jpg

(Apologies if this specific Christmas marathon has been alerted already--  I did my usual community search for mentions of it, but couldn't turn up any specific to this particular marathon.  But I've been known to stupidly flub before, so thus the disclaimer.)

The marathon will consist of 90 movies, and continue through December 25!   And the best of the best will be shown, including "Christmas in Connecticut",   "The Bishop's Wife",  "Remember the Night",  "It Happened on Fifth Avenue",  "Little Women",  and on and on.

https://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/020860?source=Block

Not all are Christmas movies in the strictest sense, but most have come to represent the warm fuzzies that we look for in the holidays.

ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

Finally something to give TCM kudos for, ha!

Honored Contributor

Re: TCM CHRISTMAS MARATHON STARTING DECEMBER 18

It appears White Christmas isn't on the list. Hoping someone else will opt to show this one. Sort of a shame that they aren't offering it during this holiday season.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent! As you note, not all Christmas movies per se, but all feature some aspect of the holiday.  Glad to see Come to the Stable highlighted; Celeste's Sister Scholastica is a hoot!

CH-CelesteHolm-CometotheStable-11-t.pngcometothestable-poster.png

Honored Contributor

Thank you!

i just love The Bishop's Wife. 💕

I know Christmas in Connecticut is a favorite for many. I don't love it - the attraction for me are "Cuddles" Sakall and that house. 

Meet Me in St Louis and Little Women both seem to get frequent airplay but I always stop and watch a bit even though I've seen them many times. 

I'm not watching 90 movies 😂 but I'll check their schedule to see if any I like are not already on my DVR. 

Honored Contributor

I never tire of The Bishop's Wife.  Cary Grant/Loretta Young version. 

Esteemed Contributor

White Christmas is a Paramount Pictures film, so rights need to be purchased from the current owner.  TCM is often tight fisted with that.

Others, like Meet Me in St Louis are owned outright by TCM, so can be replayed readily and easily.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

I believe AMC still has the rights to White Christmas. 

I found The Man Who Came to Dinner on the schedule. Love that movie. 😂

I definitely recommend The Shop Around the Corner (the original Who's Got Mail). Just watched it again last night. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's right.   AMC has it on the December schedule. 

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:

Thank you!

I know Christmas in Connecticut is a favorite for many. I don't love it - the attraction for me are "Cuddles" Sakall and that house. 

Meet Me in St Louis and Little Women both seem to get frequent airplay but I always stop and watch a bit even though I've seen them many times. 

I'm not watching 90 movies 😂 but I'll check their schedule to see if any I like are not already on my DVR. 

@bikerbabe  I'm with you on The Bishop's Wife. I watch it every year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:

Thank you!

@bikerbabe 

The Bishop's Wife is my FAVORITE Christmas movie Heart  Cary Grant...mmmmmmmmm Woman Very Happy

And I like The Shop Around The Corner too! Cant beat James Stewart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”