Honored Contributor

Will be featuring movies with memorable dance numbers every Monday in November.  Some of my favorites:

Broadway Melody of 1940 (the Begin the Beguine is considered one of the great routines in movies)

Kiss Me Kate

42nd Street

Guys and Dolls

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50  Yes, I saw that! Finally some old movies that will be more palatable (to me, anyway!) Smiley Happy

Love Ann Miller! She's on the 8:00 tonight, and I'm not familiar with that movie. So, I'll check it out.

And I guess my real favs are Fred & Ginger. I love their dancing more than their storylines! No doubt, they'll be making some appearances.

Enjoy the shows!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Will be featuring movies with memorable dance numbers every Monday in November.  Some of my favorites:

Broadway Melody of 1940 (the Begin the Beguine is considered one of the great routines in movies)

Kiss Me Kate

42nd Street

Guys and Dolls

I can not wait. Set the timer days ago. I watch Broadway Melody of 1940 every time it is on. Just to watch Elenor Powell and Fred Astaire tap dance together.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla   Yes, the great Eleanor Powell and Astaire.  I read somewhere that he didn't want to do another movie with her because she was a better tap dancer which, IMO, she was!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@drizzellla   Yes, the great Eleanor Powell and Astaire.  I read somewhere that he didn't want to do another movie with her because she was a better tap dancer which, IMO, she was!!

I agree. I am disappointed that she was not in more movies. So I check every month for her. She has such an easy going natural about her and her dance. It is a pleasure to watch.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Kiss Me Kate

42nd Street

Guys and Dolls

Cyd Charisse- I was SURE she did Broadway Melody but I had to check myself....another of my under appreciated list. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla As I understand it, she married Glenn Ford and then pretty much retired from movies.