Respected Contributor

T Rav pleads guilty and gets a slap on the wrist

Just saw this on line

:Thomas Ravenel pleaded guilty to third-degree assault and battery

On Wednesday, Ravenel received a 30-day sentence suspended to a $500 fine after the children’s former nanny, Dawn, accused him of rape, PEOPLE confirmed.

HIs lawyer sure is good.  $500 fine is chump change for him.  What a plea and sentence for what started out as a rape charge.

Honored Contributor

Re: T Rav pleads guilty and gets a slap on the wrist

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

Just saw this on line

:Thomas Ravenel pleaded guilty to third-degree assault and battery

On Wednesday, Ravenel received a 30-day sentence suspended to a $500 fine after the children’s former nanny, Dawn, accused him of rape, PEOPLE confirmed.

HIs lawyer sure is good.  $500 fine is chump change for him.  What a plea and sentence for what started out as a rape charge.

just guessing here, but maybe there was not a lot of evidence to move the case forward, so this was the best they could do? i dont remember a lot of details, but this may have been a he said/she said type of case.

unfortunately, the justice system doesnt always work the way it should.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No surprise.

I live very near Charleston and the 'good ol' boy' system is very much alive and well there!.

If you're from 'old money/name', you can get away with pretty much anything!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

there is still a civil suit pending, i believe.

i wonder why she kept working for him after that attack?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom - Boy, isn't that the truth.

Maybe there was not a lot of concrete evidence to prove rape, ie did she have a rape kit done? Did anyone take photos (if she went to police, dr, hosp). Did it start out as a consensual thing and led to another.

Not sticking up for anyone, just saying you do need evidence. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe it was true and maybe it wasn't... Everything else aside and despite the fact the man appears to be a real sleaze, if a successful case could have been made it probably would have been... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

there is still a civil suit pending, i believe.

i wonder why she kept working for him after that attack?

@sunshine45  Yes, the same with the Antonio Brown accuser. I think she said she was attacked three different times. Isn’t once enough?

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Maybe it was true and maybe it wasn't... Everything else aside and despite the fact the man appears to be a real sleaze, if a successful case could have been made it probably would have been... 

Not necessarily, when all of the judges politicians and DA have known your family for years and have reaped the awards from that.

When T-Rav was the Secretary of State of SC, he got off real easy on a charge of trafficking cocaine and did way less time than any ordinary citizen would have.

The people of SC have zero respect for him, that's why he was slaughtered in a run for government office during his time on the show.

And he's still facing the same charges from a different woman.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

the civil suit has now been dropped.......

Esteemed Contributor

For me if the accusations were true, I would Never remain in anyone's employ if I had been raped ....