Honored Contributor

This is a new 10 episode series on Netflix ( I haven't seen it yet). It stars Joanna Garcia Swisher, Brooke Elliot, Jamie Lynn Spears, Heather Headley, Chris Klein, Justin Bruening, etc. Description "Lifelong friends Maddie, Dana Sue, and Helen lift each other up as they juggle relationships, family, and careers in the small Southern town of Serenity ".

Esteemed Contributor

I'll take a look. Thank you. I stumbled upon an Aussie zombie series and I can't believe I finished it - Glitch - if you like that stuff. It was okay because I was bored. Your suggestion sounds promising. I work from home now and the background noise keeps me from falling asleep behind my screen.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Magnolias

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

This is a new 10 episode series on Netflix ( I haven't seen it yet). It stars Joanna Garcia Swisher, Brooke Elliot, Jamie Lynn Spears, Heather Headley, Chris Klein, Justin Bruening, etc. Description "Lifelong friends Maddie, Dana Sue, and Helen lift each other up as they juggle relationships, family, and careers in the small Southern town of Serenity ".

This sounds like something I would like ! Thanks !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I watched the first episode, I liked it .  It's a nice story about friendship and life in a small town. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

Just watched thru episode 3. Kinda slow although the baseball coach is somewhat hot.  I watched last tango in Halifax about brits in northern UK. entertaining, but I like all things   🇬🇧 

Valued Contributor

I've several episodes; reminds me of a Hallmark movie.

Super Contributor

I received my TV guide today and there was a write up about Sweet Magnolias. The show runners intended for it to be similar to a Hallmark series. I use to love all the Hall of Fame dramas that Hallmark produced. One of my favorites is The Love Letter with Campbell Scott and Jennifer Jason Leigh. I have it on a VHS tape . I will check the series out but if it's sickly sweet will forgo the series.

Honored Contributor

It's a Sherryl Woods book (author of Chesapeake Shores) and done by Hallmark peeps.

I am interested in watching it as everyone is raving about it.  At some point I will renew my Netflix and watch a few things.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I really enjoy this show! I like small towns ( I was born and lived in a big city for 33 years), their stories of life and friendship, I like when people know each other. 

Also I like the politeness of the small southern towns. And it appeals to me that this movie doesn’t have curses, murders and sexual perversions.

I watch is before go to bed, so no craziness to affect you. 

Honored Contributor

I watched all ten episodes, I didn't hate it but didn't love it either. I saw somewhere it is being compared to Gilmore Girls which I never watched. The show ended on a big cliffhanger, which I didn't like, it may not be picked up for a second season, also it could be a year before we find out what happens.