Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I wish them the best.....it is good that they have a show that is paying them money with nine children.  

I saw this show last night.  I think these families are willing to be on these shows soley for the money.  When they start talking finances, as they did last night, you know they are looking to supplement their incomes.  They mentioned insurance, a new van, possibly selling off the sheep, etc.  

They seem like a  nice family though.

Honored Contributor

More power to these women who enjoy babies and want big families.   

I am not one of them.   I survived raising my 2 girls, but not once did I ever think about #3.   At 17, both of my daughters said they did not want children, and neither changed her tune.  They are both over 35 now and still happy to be single and child free.   I am happy too, as being a grandparent has never been of interest to me.    

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of fertility drug multiples in the world right now.

Even Hollywood got into this trend.

I know a family that has a set of triplets that includes one boy and identical twin girls...all natural, no drugs involved.  Now that is something.

When the girls are asked if they are twins, they laugh and say, " No" we are triplets.  In reality, they are twins and triplets.

Honored Contributor

We have so many sets of twins in our family, and no-one took fertility drugs. we have on my dad's side-3 1st cousins with twins, and on my mom's side, we have 3 cousins with twins, two are 1st cousins, and one is a 3rd cousin.....

All of a sudden they all started popping up-both sides of my family have twins in them, but they were several generations ago....But I heard sometimes they skip generations and then pop up suddenly....It's alot of fun at Family Reunions!

Respected Contributor

Re: Sweet Home Sextuplets

[ Edited ]

Not really interested in watching large-family reality shows. I raised a boy and girl 2 years apart, worked well with no desire for more....my sister is 14 yrs older; my mother had 7 sibs, my father had 2 with 1 multiple in family tree!

Regular Contributor

I don't think I will follow this show. I have seen the couple with the older girls & the five septuplets. They are a pretty sweet family. I watched Kate plus 8 years ago as long as the kids were little but then Kate turned into a movie star & look what happened then! There are many families on You Tube with multiples but I have to wonder how healthy it really is to put your family "out there" in this crazy world.

Honored Contributor

Wow, so much negative about this couple, as to the remarks about "families with so many children", if you had watched the show, you would have found out what happened, instead of criticize them, they did not set out to have this many children!!!

They are from my state, but not my area, near Huntsville, AL!  They are both college graduates and are very educated, she is a 1st grade teacher, and he has his own business plus a sheep farm!  I wish them all the luck, because they are certainly going to need it!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, twins run on my father's side of the family, my father was an identical twin, I have twin cousins, plus many of my grandmother's family had twins in their families, and no fertility drugs back in those days, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty  I left a nice comment about them. Twins run in my husband's family. His grandpa had a twin and his sister had twins. My next door neighbor has twins too lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Home Sextuplets

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4, I didn't mean "everyone" was negative, thank you for your kind comment!   Forgot to mention, my son-in-law is a twin!