Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

I like and admire Suzanne Somers. 

OMG she's a con with all her fake lotions and potions. She has been dangerous and careless about breast cancer, mammograms and other medical information which she has no business spouting. And she looks every bit her age...simply stuffed into ridiculous clothing, over- bleached hair and facial injections. 

I agree. The most dangerous thing she advocated was hormone replacement for life to never go through menopause. So unadvisable.

Valued Contributor

Suzanne was on Dr. Oz today, Jan 10.

She said she had fractured her hip.  She sat for most of the interview.

She said she has accepted growing old and it doesn't bother her.

She's 73; her husband is 83.  He walked on the set at the very end of the interview to drink a shot of vodka.

She has written another book.

Super Contributor
🙀
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

This thread is one of the worse I have ever seen on the forums.

I see a whole bunch of cruel women bashing SS.  There is no need for this at all.

I find this shameful and very upsetting. 

Could not agree more.

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Moonlady    Tearing down anyone and bashing for no good cause  is wrong.  It doesn't matter if you are male or female.  It is disgusting...period.

BTW, i don't aspire to be a good as the big boys.  I am just as good or better and I don't need to put down others to lift myself up.

This thread is mostly not about a book or accomplishments, it is about someone's looks.  Women hating and bashing another women for her appearance.

I very seldom see men tearing down other men because of their appearance..  That trait is owned by females and as long as they continue to act as such, they are no match for the men in the boardroom.

It is catty inappropriate behavior.  Women should be better than that..but unfortunately, we can't get over ourselves.  We are conditioned to think we need to be beautiful to compete in the world.  It's about time we use our brains and not this stupid competitive action to think less of ourselves unless we fit into the beautiful and youthful mold.

There is no battle of the sexes.  The current battle is women vs women.

@Carmie 
Bravo!

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

I do think if she ever got rid of those bangs that are way too long and cover up forehead issues, she would look a lot better. She just looks like she is trying too hard, and she is. Sad. I think she still looks a lot younger than many women her age. I do think the high heels while recovering from a hip injury and while using a crutch isn’t very smart.

Honored Contributor
Our hands give away our age. I hate how mine look. I have come to realize I have my mother’s hands...😬
Respected Contributor
No, @Carmie and @ LoveMyBaby, criticism is not bashing. I repeat: SS has put herself in the public eye about everything from medicine to, yes, her personal appearance. People will have opinions on that, and share them, especially when she pontificates about "embracing aging," because it's clear that she's not.

And let's not backpedal now about this being yet another [yawn] battle of the sexes because that's just what it is when women sing the blues about being "torn down," and women carp about how "women should support women." Baloney.

LOL Other than addressing specific points over the years, I don't see Suzanne Somers complaining about being "torn down," either. She's saavy enough to know that her many public ventures, statements, and controversial positions leave her open to criticism.

IOW She's not thin-skinned. Now that's something other women could learn from her. 😉

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Moonlady    Tearing down anyone and bashing for no good cause  is wrong.  It doesn't matter if you are male or female.  It is disgusting...period.

BTW, i don't aspire to be a good as the big boys.  I am just as good or better and I don't need to put down others to lift myself up.

This thread is mostly not about a book or accomplishments, it is about someone's looks.  Women hating and bashing another women for her appearance.

I very seldom see men tearing down other men because of their appearance..  That trait is owned by females and as long as they continue to act as such, they are no match for the men in the boardroom.

It is catty inappropriate behavior.  Women should be better than that..but unfortunately, we can't get over ourselves.  We are conditioned to think we need to be beautiful to compete in the world.  It's about time we use our brains and not this stupid competitive action to think less of ourselves unless we fit into the beautiful and youthful mold.

@Carmie 
Bravo!

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie 
Bravo!

Ss lives her life wanting us to believe all the stuff  she sells (in her mind) is why she looks like she does. I.e. her vitamibs, her hair and skin products, her toner machine she used to sell. So please don't  dare say women  are bashing her on her looks. Her looks is what she hopes sell her junk products.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia   So what is wrong with the way she looks?  She looks fine to me.

Her products are selling, so many women agree and are keeping her business going.