Trusted Contributor

I'm an equal opportunity "basher!"  If a 73 year old man walked around in black leather pants, I'd probably say he looked silly too.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I have never understood the notion that women should support all other women solely based upon the fact that they are women.  

That seems pretty shallow to me.

We already get torn down by society in general if we are not pretty or have a nice body.  We are judged by our appearance.

It isn't right and needs to end. We are so much more than a pretty face and a sexy body.  

Unfortunately, women tend to judge other women this way too.  We don't like it, but are conditioned to be like this anyway.  

One way to stop this is for women to stick together, stand up for ourselves and other women and call others out for this judging. 

It is not shallow, in fact it is the opposite.  

Yes, but why should I support a woman who I don't respect?  Because you have a uterus doesn't automatically mean you get a pass.

Respected Contributor

If comments are kept to the outfit or the things the person does that causes disrespect, that's one thing. But the bashing of the physical appearance of other women is another. Women are judged by society on looks and oftentimes looks alone. Men are not. Why contribute to it by mocking other women?

Trusted Contributor

Wow, based on the comments, I thought she was going to be looking much worse, than the photo. 

She certainly has maintained an excellent figure. 

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I have never understood the notion that women should support all other women solely based upon the fact that they are women.  

That seems pretty shallow to me.

We already get torn down by society in general if we are not pretty or have a nice body.  We are judged by our appearance.

It isn't right and needs to end. We are so much more than a pretty face and a sexy body.  

Unfortunately, women tend to judge other women this way too.  We don't like it, but are conditioned to be like this anyway.  

One way to stop this is for women to stick together, stand up for ourselves and other women and call others out for this judging. 

It is not shallow, in fact it is the opposite.  

Yes, but why should I support a woman who I don't respect?  Because you have a uterus doesn't automatically mean you get a pass.

You don't need to support her.  I really don't have an opinion of her good or bad.  I just know in my heart that it is wrong to make negative comments on her appearance.

I wouldn't do that to you, to her or any other women. Wrong is wrong.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

I loved the way she explained the nude pic she took while out walking in the woods (the property they own)...... She decided that her hair was the same color as the grass, so she slipped off her top, then the rest of her.

Baloney - she was fully made up.  Her hair was neatly in place and not a line on her face.  How ironic that hubby was there with his camera and she was absolutely made up - from head to toe......  I wonder how many hours it really took to take that photo and how many other people were there to "fix her up".......  JMO of course....

ETA:  I just went back to look at that pic and I am sorry - her face is lumpy around the mouth and chin and she does have lines all over... I guess that was the best they coul do.... I am sure she is made up anyway.....Notice she is holding "herself UP".....  I still stand by my post.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

She can do whatever she wants to make her feel better about herself, God bless her. What I don't like are people that are the face of a skincare line, making us think we can get the same results as them using the products, when they have had work done, it's not the products.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

She can do whatever she wants to make her feel better about herself, God bless her. What I don't like are people that are the face of a skincare line, making us think we can get the same results as them using the products, when they have had work done, it's not the products.

@Jordan2   I agree - another one is Robin McGraw.  Her ears are almost down to her shoulders - she has had sooooo much face work done and here she is, touting her products at the end of almost every one of his shows.  She is getting really weird looking IMO......

Respected Contributor

I am glad I don't have the FAME that would put pressure on me to strip off my clothes and hunch down in the grass for a photo to be posted online LOL!  Wait I guess non famous people are doing this kind of stuff these days too!  

What I have come to realize is that all of the people that look younger (age is actually older) or sports people....lot's or gym/workout folks....are all doing many different things to continue doing what they did in their youth.  Lot's of testosterone, HCG, HGH and so on.  Now that I know about it I spot it on people my age (50's) and up! 

Many are fighting aging by the drugs/hormones and of course plastic surgery.  Nobody wants to age....but we want to continue to live....so some fight it with all their money and others get mad at those that do this! 

I don't care one way or the other what Suzanne is doing....she's paying the bill and it's her body.  

But I agree with many here that telling people to just use a certain skin care line is going to roll back the aging process is just being dishonest.  There are many on the TV claiming this about their skincare....just not true.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I think it must be hard for a celebrity who has always relied on their looks, to watch themselves aging. Most of us don't have videos of when we were young and beautiful, it must be hard looking back on your younger years to what you once were.

@Jordan2    @cherry 

ALL actors rely on their looks to get jobs.   I can't imagine beimg under that kind of pressure.   People criticize all the plastic surgery, etc., but they haven't walked a mile in those shoes, so they really don't know what they're talking about.