Esteemed Contributor

I have never understood the notion that women should support all other women solely based upon the fact that they are women.  

That seems pretty shallow to me.

Respected Contributor

@Vivian  Happy Birthday!

Respected Contributor

Who wears high heels, while using a crutch?  Isn't that kind of a recipe for disaster?

Respected Contributor

My 2 cents about SS.  You may not agree with how she handled Cancer but whatever she used, she's still here!  The treatment obviously worked and I would also try it if I had cancer...

Also SS did a movie and I will Google to get the name and later post.  She looked fantastic and had the most original wardrobe right behind Babs in "A Star Is Born" which was all from her own closet!  Edith Head (back in the day) would have been impressed!

Forgive me for not being able to post pictures from SS movie.  Perhaps another kind poster could help me out.  She had southwest style throughout the movie.

The observations here are just that.

You guys would be frightened at my looks now as I've had 2 nerve problems in my face and because of that can't wear my dentures.  I used to be kind of cute around the edges but we all age.

About Botox.  My doc put a little in my chin because it felt like it was folding in without dentures.  It worked but made my voice hoarse so I would never do it again.

My apoligies for the l-o-n-g answers/post. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

99% sure the movie with the great wardrobe was called "Seduced By Evil."

I couldn't preview them.

There were 2 others to consider "Keeping Secrets" & "no Laughing Matter"

Esteemed Contributor

She obviously doesn't want to age, and is trying her hardest to defy nature. However, though she is lovely, its overdone. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

She had stage 1 cancer and  recovering and cure from that, is almost always( 85% )of the time very good, no matter what you do after surgery . Most people last at least 10 years..I don't give a hoot about her, she can do as she pleases. I care about a women in later stages that followed her advice and well might have died

If you have a conscience you think about others that are ill, and don't advise something that could take their life away  from them ,and their family

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I have never understood the notion that women should support all other women solely based upon the fact that they are women.  

That seems pretty shallow to me.

We already get torn down by society in general if we are not pretty or have a nice body.  We are judged by our appearance.

It isn't right and needs to end. We are so much more than a pretty face and a sexy body.  

Unfortunately, women tend to judge other women this way too.  We don't like it, but are conditioned to be like this anyway.  

One way to stop this is for women to stick together, stand up for ourselves and other women and call others out for this judging. 

It is not shallow, in fact it is the opposite.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

@patbz @Carmie @cherry @Effie54 @Jackhound Mom  I did not see her on the Today Show.  But I did see her on a Fox News Show (Tucker Carlson) where she discussed addiction (mostly alcohol) in her family when she was young and she had to hide in the closet when her father came home.  Her insight was highly effective  educational for those suffering; and she proved to be a woman (young girl) with a child who gained strength when helped by a community therapist to overcome her own addiction.  I recommend the utubepresentation  from the Tucker show if you can find it.  I could not.   From a place of poverty she worked to become a successul career woman.  The interview was done from her head shot so I have no comment on her body of clothing.  I thought she looked okay.  She has had three cancer treatments so she says in her life so that may have taken a little toll on her.

Valued Contributor

OK, hopefully I won't get bashed for my opinion.

I think some of us are missing the underlying message of this thread.

Suzanne has sold her Thigh Master, Face Master, vitamin supplements, skincare etc. for decades. She implies that she's healthy and looks good because of all this (and daily s*x). She never mentions work done on her face, and hides her neck with clothing. To me, that is being deceptive.

She needs to accept the fact that she is aging, her hands don't lie. JMO