Respected Contributor

I miss her jewelry shows on HSN with Coleen. Those two were perfect together! SO funny. Had me laughing so hard one day DH asked what comedy movie I had on. The jewelry was beautiful too and looks as good today as when I purchased it. Saved $$$ when these wonderful shows stopped....DH happy.

Trusted Contributor
@Crystaltree
I love your post!
Suzanne is such a contradiction to me...she didn't like being typecast as Chrissy from Three's Company, but then she spends the rest of her adult life trying to hang onto the hot blonde image.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3   Chrissy was dumb.  A real airhead.  Suzanne is not and she didn't want to be typecast as a dumb blonde in real life.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

Correct me if I'm wrong...........I believe I just recently saw Suzanne on Dr. Oz Show. ?  

Beautiful royal purple (nice shade of purple) suit. 

She looked good to me!  

What she does and says make a lot of sense (to me).

Wishing her and Alan well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@patbz   I like Suzzanne.  I admire her for trying to be health conscious . I heard her say when promoting her organic shampoo and skin care several years ago she was in the shower one day after her cancer diagnosis and read all of the chemicals listed on the shampoo bottle she was using. She said I am applying this to my scalp just over my brain.She said she made a choice to make her  shampoo and skin care line using natural ingredients.  Interesting just a few weeks ago a study showed a direct link to increased cancer in women who regularly dye their hair.  I know suzzane colors her hair or either wears a wig, but her thinking was spot on.

Trusted Contributor

Suzanne will be on Andy Cohen's WWHL- Watch What Happens Live @ 11pm,  on the Bravo network. Andy Cohen's. 

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

webbgarner11, there is NO such "direct link" between hair dye and cancer.

As for SS having been alarmed because she'd been applying ingredient-laden shampoo on her scalp, which is "over her brain," that's yet another reason to listen to medical professionals rather than dingbats.

There's a scalp comprised of skin, and a cranium around the brain. And oh yeah, even something called the blood-brain barrier which, among other things, can present treatment challenges.

Yeesh.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I miss her jewelry shows on HSN with Coleen. Those two were perfect together! SO funny. Had me laughing so hard one day DH asked what comedy movie I had on. The jewelry was beautiful too and looks as good today as when I purchased it. Saved $$$ when these wonderful shows stopped....DH happy.

@silkyk ,

They were very good together. The night time shows when they wore their pajamas were my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady  I am only repeating what was said as reported by Dr Jennifer Ashton on GMA. You are barking up the wrong tree. I am a retired health professional and am very well aware of the bodys anatomy. I also do believe a lot of cancers but certainly not all is directly linked to what we expose our bodies to. Other factors also , like genetics. I myself tewsted postive for a gene mutation.I myself just received a cancer digbosis. Peace be with you. No need to  get upset.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I have never understood the notion that women should support all other women solely based upon the fact that they are women.  

That seems pretty shallow to me.

Exactly!   I support people - both men and women - who I feel are deserving of my support.  I will never blindly support a woman just because she's a woman.