Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers Oh My!

[ Edited ]

@Eager2Learn wrote:

OK, hopefully I won't get bashed for my opinion.

I think some of us are missing the underlying message of this thread.

Suzanne has sold her Thigh Master, Face Master, vitamin supplements, skincare etc. for decades. She implies that she's healthy and looks good because of all this (and daily s*x). She never mentions work done on her face, and hides her neck with clothing. To me, that is being deceptive.

She needs to accept the fact that she is aging, her hands don't lie. JMO

You will get no bashing from me! 

I've posted about her before - I've worked with her many times, and have been at social events with her too.  She has an overly-inflated sense of her own importance, and there's nothing authentic about her at all. 

She has lied to the public about so many things, claiming that this product or that is responsible for keeping her looking young, claiming to know more than doctors about medical issues, etc.  She has also lied about her own medical diagnoses.  I find that especially appalling.

The truth is that up close she has looked awful for a long time.  Not from natural aging, but from many unnatural attempts to look younger that actually made her look much worse.  She's desperate to look younger than she is, and she flat-out lies to the public.  It's foolish because in person the truth is very, very obvious. 

My problem with her is that she is not at all what she claims to be.  She's dishonest and she's fake.  And the medical claims she has made can be dangerous.  So sure, I'm happy to support women.  But not one who deliberately does such a disservice to other women.   Women supporting each other should go both ways.

Esteemed Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@patbz   I like Suzzanne.  I admire her for trying to be health conscious . I heard her say when promoting her organic shampoo and skin care several years ago she was in the shower one day after her cancer diagnosis and read all of the chemicals listed on the shampoo bottle she was using. She said I am applying this to my scalp just over my brain.She said she made a choice to make her  shampoo and skin care line using natural ingredients.  Interesting just a few weeks ago a study showed a direct link to increased cancer in women who regularly dye their hair.  I know suzzane colors her hair or either wears a wig, but her thinking was spot on.

There have been similar studies going back decades.  For sure she was not the first one to make that connection.

Valued Contributor

Last week on the Dr. Oz show, she said she fractured her hip.

Esteemed Contributor

I truly think she looks fine ,  great figure and legs especially.  Her hair looks nice and the outfit looks nice to me.   Yes her hands Do show her age ,  but she is 70+ .  I've seen other  actresses that don't look as good as SS.