Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Why would Kellee be eligible for a payday?  I'm hoping Tommy isn't crowned the winner, he's just not that memorable.

You do know they all get paid, more for each day they last.

If by a payday you mean a legal settlement it would be because they knew the behavior was going on and they allowed it to continue.  And yes CBS is a party, there is no such Survivor contract absolving CBS of anything, they are as responsible as the other parties. 

I know for a fact CBS is liable for everything it airs (including Big Brother) as is every platform, network, cable, Amazon, Netflix, etc. etc. responsible for everything they air.

[As an example, CBS ran a special The Case of JonBenet Ramsey.  Another company produced and distributed it. Burke Ramsey sued CBS, the production company and some of the professionals who appeared in the show.  Of course they went after CBS; they have the deepest pockets so CBS was the main target of his $750 million libel suit...John Ramsey sued too.  His was dismissed immediately.  Buke's was reported as settled but then as dismissed which has to be true since if he prevailed it would have been pulled from circulation as a condition of the settlement and it wasn't; you can watch it on multiple platforms today  So Burke failed to get his $750 million award he sued for, or even the dollar they were ready to settle for before it was dismissed -- and the creators of and participants in the show failed to get the trial they hoped to provoke so they could compel certain evidence tthat has always been hidden from the public to come to light.  No matter what anyone personally thinks about the case the proof Burke lost is that the show is stil lin circulation.]

I'm not a know-it-all, I just only post when I know what I'm talking about and at times if I'm wrong I admit it.

Honored Contributor

Noura could be the worst jury manager I've ever seen. She pretty much alienated everyone in the jury. She's also certifiable. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman Today at work, a cohort told me a faculty member reminds her of Noura on Survivor. And it was like ... Bingo! Being true to self, that's great, but these personalities can be a lot of work. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

One of the blandest winners ever. 

What a weird season.  I am happy for Janet and Elaine getting 100k prize $ from Sia.  They were deserving of that.  Jamal got 15k which was a nice bonus for him. 

Did not watch the entire reunion, as my Vikings were on and that is Must See TV.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Yes, the winner was boring, but compared to the other two, I'm glad he won.

Having said that I can think of about 6 members of the jury I would have preferred as winners.

Maybe it's time to give this show a rest?

Denise
Respected Contributor

That was the absolute worst, most boring season of Survivor!  They'd better get it back on track, and quick.  With the way Noura kept speaking of "being on a date" with Dean, she reminded me of Kathy Bates in "Misery."  I can't think of one thing Tommy did, except be stupid and tell Dean about how to find the idol last night.  He was unmemorable.  I didn't even watch the aftershow, but did see that they're bringing back winners from past seasons.  Hopefully, we'll see a real show again next year.

Honored Contributor

In addition to bringing back past winners for season 40, they're also bringing back the Edge of Extinction, so anyone voted out won't really be gone. They'll still be there, lurking in the background until the very end. I'm not a big fan of that. It's smart from a production standpoint as favorites won't really be gone, keeping their fans watching even after they're voted off, but it's more of a distraction and annoyance to me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I too don't know what Tommy did to win this game.  The first 1/2 of the season he was almost invisible, and it seems to me if it weren't for Dean spilling the beans to him a few tribals ago, he would have been gone.  I'm guessing Dean just did not plead his case very well at the end.  And I'm almost thinking - ALMOST - that it would have been better if Noura had won it all in the end afterall.  Sure she was a fruitcake, but she did outlast them all and performed well in challenges.  Dean seemed to take the loss well, but I think out of the 3 of them, he was most deserving.  jmo

(I didn't see the entire last episode as it was running over and I had another program I'd rather watch, so I missed their 'why I should win' speeches.  Maybe that is why I'm baffled over Tommy being chosen sole 'Survivor'.)

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Yeah, I'm meh about the winner.  He really didn't do anything to deserve that win, except he didn't p*** any of the jury members off.  I think Dean deserved that win after playing that nullifier correctly.  I wish Elaine or Janet would have taken the ultimate title.

Noura is b.s. crazy. A date?  @IlliniGirl88   had it right--it was like watching Kathy Bates in Misery.

I really don't like returning player seasons, but I will come here to read the comments.

Honored Contributor

Now we know Kellee for sure Sia got a settlement because Sia would have given her money otherwise.  Her handouts always go to people with sad stories and/or gay people.  I knew Elaine would be top of her list since she ticks both boxes but Kellee would have been on it because of Me Too and Sia is besties with Probst so she knew...

Too long but a good interview with Kellee.  And Probst describing what happened, callinng NY in real time, getting people out of bed, that was impressive...

Would have been a decent end to a horrible season if Dean won.  Pulling all that stuff out of his pockets was the one epic moment of the season, and when (can't remember name) said, "It's fake" and Dean took it in such good spirits.

Dean as the best of the three goats.  Ironic how lowercase goat means you're bad but capitalized GOAT means you're the best.