Honored Contributor

I fell asleep in the 2nd hour.  Who was the 2nd person eliminated last night?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I would haxe booted Dan back when it was disclosed he was invading people's privacy in going through their bags!

Sorry, there is no excuse for the touchy/feely cuddling with younger women while sleeping (didn't seem to include Janet or Elaine).

But I'm equally frustrated with the younger women NOT complaining directly to Dan.  Yes, Kellee complained once, but DO IT AGAIN more forcefully after the 2nd incident instead of all of them whining to Janet. (or was that their strategy?)

Maybe it's 66 y.o. me.  I was rather "hot" back in my early 20's while working in male dominated fields and was successful in fending off unwanted advances...why not now?

Denise
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I fell asleep in the 2nd hour.  Who was the 2nd person eliminated last night?

Our most recent visitor to Idol Island, Jamal was the second person gone. Going to Idol Island has become something of a death penalty for whoever goes.

That was a weird show last night. It started out with destroying Dan's life and reputation, with him almost certainly gone, after being branded as a sexual assaulter, only to have Dan survive and his accusers more or less saying "no big deal." I'm pretty comfortable in saying Dan won't be happy with how last night's episode was edited to make him look about as bad as possible.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Agree Gardenman;  Apparently, they had already had one discussion and Dan had been given a warning so why rehash all this at the tribal counsel meeting?  

Don't understand why all these liberated feminists seemed to depend on Janet to resolve this issue for them.  

They all should be ashamed of how they shamelessly used this issue to further their games.

Additionally, this was the most boring tribal counsel ever in the history of the show.  Dan was right - it was way past time to let go of this, but Jeff kept hammering away at it - yawn fest.

Respected Contributor

@ann1989 wrote:

I think Dan absolutely was guilty of too much touching and had to have known. His talk about owning a business and being sympathetic to women I'm not buying it.  If he was so aware he wouldn't have touched anyone.  The lies toward Janet were awful too.  Sad that she used her idol for nothing but understandable.  Going forward she will not trust the women who viciously lied about her and Dan will probably want her out next time since she no longer has an idol and he no longer trusts her. 

I had fallen asleep but better for Janet to have played her idol and not have needed to, than to have not played it and got sent home, like Kellee.  I can't blieve Dan is still hanging around.  I think he tried to see what he could get away with, with the touchy feely side of his personality, and then when confronted about it, played dumb.  The women who complained and then said it was no big deal I just don't get either.  Either it was or it wasn't.  I'm sort of creeped out by this whole season, including this BR/Sandra spin.  I think they're kind of creepy as well.  Maybe this show is running its course for me as I've watched from the beginning.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Regular Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@ann1989 wrote:

I think Dan absolutely was guilty of too much touching and had to have known. His talk about owning a business and being sympathetic to women I'm not buying it.  If he was so aware he wouldn't have touched anyone.  The lies toward Janet were awful too.  Sad that she used her idol for nothing but understandable.  Going forward she will not trust the women who viciously lied about her and Dan will probably want her out next time since she no longer has an idol and he no longer trusts her. 

I had fallen asleep but better for Janet to have played her idol and not have needed to, than to have not played it and got sent home, like Kellee.  I can't blieve Dan is still hanging around.  I think he tried to see what he could get away with, with the touchy feely side of his personality, and then when confronted about it, played dumb.  The women who complained and then said it was no big deal I just don't get either.  Either it was or it wasn't.  I'm sort of creeped out by this whole season, including this BR/Sandra spin.  I think they're kind of creepy as well.  Maybe this show is running its course for me as I've watched from the beginning.

I've missed more episodes than I've watched this season, and only usually try to tune in for the tribal council, so I really don't have much grasp of these players. 

I didn't realize what was going on last's night's episode since I kept flipping channels but I caught a bit where the producers were talking to Kellee and I thought it was strange they had closed captions for that conversation but at the time I thought it was a player that she was talking with since I've never seen where a producer talked to a player like this.

From last night's episode, the three people I think were negatively affected are: Kellee, Dan, and Janet. 

I thought Missy was uncomfortable with Dan and that wasn't game play? The olympic medalist (blonde curly hair) did use it as game play but didn't she say that he would place his hands on her inner thigh area?

Honored Contributor

It was a weird show. We got the warning preshow of sensitive stuff in the show and advising viewer discretion, which I believe was unique in Survivor history. Then we had most of the women accusing Dan of acting inappropriately. Production said they'd talked to the players as a group and then individually and that they gave Dan a warning. Production made a big deal out of it in the editing of the show. Then Dan stays and everyone's happy. Kellee and Janet took a lot of heat and Kellee got the boot along with Jamal, but Dan stayed and seems pretty safe now. What?!?

Dan's been painted as a sexual abuser on national TV which is not good for him or his reputation, and unless something happens in the coming weeks where this is repeated or is revisited, Dan had his reputation destroyed for gameplay. It's one thing for players to make accusations against someone for gameplay, but production should be a bit more tactful in how they handle those accusations. Unless Dan acts up again on the show and is removed from the show, they pretty much destroyed him last night for no real reason other than ratings.

When you go on a reality show you pretty much sign away your life to them, but unless Dan does something else later in the show, that was a bit unnecessary on the part of production, and more than a bit unfair to him. That finale could be interesting if he's given time to address the editing of this episode. Either more is to come, or he's been done wrong. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Kellee was so stupid.  I still want Elaine to win.  I get the feeling they are still playing a "team" game instead of individual games.  After the merge, you should start taking the strong players out--the ones that win immunity a lot.

Trusted Contributor

Last night's show was difficult to watch. Since the producers when editing the show spent so much time talking about Dan makes me think they saw more evidence of creepy stuff than was shown last night. I felt bad for Janet. I believe she really thought she was fighting the good fight for all of the women. Kellee was silly to be so cocky she didn't use either of her idols. Jamal was a good guy who often made many thoughtful points, sad to see him go. Right now, I will be cheering for Janet but I don't see the remaining young women keeping her around. 

Respected Contributor

It was pathetic they whined to Janet, then lied and said they didn't. I'm glad she confronted them. They have no integrity. Don't bring it up, if you aren't willing to do something about it. The girls threw Janet under the bus for a game.