Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I agree @denisemb . I think they will all say the 3 urn lie.  Even though the second person from each tribe to the island will know the first person lied.  I think the lie will be told each time.

The truth has to come out at some time and when it does, those out of the loop will be very unhappy. Unhappy Survivors tend to vote out the people who made them unhappy. Unless everyone who goes to Idol Island allies together, it could get very messy.

I wonder if they only make them use the three urns lie on camera, but allow them to tell the truth when the cameras aren't rolling? Off-camera it might be, "Guys! Guess who I met! Boston Rob and Sandra! It was amazing! Wait until you go! You'll love it!" Then on-camera it's, "Well, there were these three urns, and you had to choose one to break for a reward." There's so much editing on Survivor that we miss ninety-plus percent of what happens. Maybe they are telling their tribe what really happens and it's edited to make it look like they aren't?

If I was playing the game, I'd hate to have to use the three urns lie. I'd be thinking, "Wait. Others will be coming here and doing this, so they'll know I'm lying. Do I want to lie about this? No, I don't."

The first person to tell the truth of what happens on Idol Island will a hero to those who have been lied to. "Hey, listen to me. I know everyone's said there were three urns, it's a lie. Boston Rob and Sandra are there. They're the idols. They try to coach you up on some aspect of the game and then they give you the chance to test yourself against them and if you win, you get an idol that's good for two or three weeks. They taught me how to cook rice (or whatever) and I lost the challenge so I lost my vote this week, but that's what's really happening, not some three urns lie."

The rest of the group then casually asks the others who have been to Idol Island about that and they either have to keep up the lie (not so easy) or confess. They become instant targets. "Why'd you lie to us?" "We can't trust you!" "What else are you hiding from us?" "Did you win the idol?"

Idol Island has the potential to kill your game if you try to maintain the lie too long. (Or at all for that matter.) Exposing the lie has the potential to help your game and sink the game of those who had been to Idol Island and lied about what happened. I would not go along with the lie if I had any choice in the matter. I'd come back to camp and tell all. (Maybe skipping if I won an idol or not. There I'd lie, but not about the actual event.) Exposing the truth immediately puts a target on the backs of those who'd been lying which means the target isn't on you. Not having the target on you is a very good thing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

There must be an incentive to telling the lie since it's the same lie. Supposing the first six tell the lie and the 7th the truth. The six can claim the 7th is the one who is lying or claim that wasn't their experience.

The whole S&R bit is just a worthless waste of time.

Trusted Contributor

I hope the next show will discuss the 3 urns lie. I wonder if when they leave the island they are told that lie because it's a bit odd if both random people thought it up. 

I also don't see the need for Rob and Sandra on the show. This season so far both teams have some really good players who are thinking thru from the start who is best to vote off early. I've been impressed with both of the votes so far this season! What real wisdom was dispensed this week - you should listen to people when they talk? Oh wow that's just earth shaking advice! Or how to start a fire? I'm sorry but anyone who goes on Survivor who hasn't practiced fire making prior to going to the island is just dumb. I don't need to see those 2 making over-the-top facial expressions during tribal counsel. 

Honored Contributor

NO ONE can talk to the players but Probst and this season BR and Sandra.

I say it every season but people believe what they want and they're used to more manipulated shows like BB and TAR.  There have been leaks and every one I've seen, and I've posted them over the years, backs it up, including from camera people and challenge producers etc. etc. etc.:  

NO ONE can talk to the players but Probst and this season BR and Sandra.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why people are surprised at twists and want to get back to "the game."  This has been the game for at least 20 seasons.  Twists get twistier but really only seasons one and two are what people think of as "real" Survivor.

Honored Contributor

I am intrigued by how the urns lie will play out.  I'm not sure it will cause the havoc some others think.  I think it may be a smart move. 

They are definitely not discussing it off camera since on Survivor there is no such thing as off camera.  They're followed when they poo .

This twist could go well or badly.  It's always like that.  

Respected Contributor

This thread got buried. Usually Gardenman is updating us. I hope he’s okay! I missed the first 20 minutes because I had to go to a stupid HOA meeting.

Respected Contributor

I don't want to give away too much, all I can say is another blindside.

I'm still trying to remember all the players' names.  I wonder how this so-called female alliance will work out.  It will be awhile before any merge, but maybe they will switch up the teams a little bit before then.

I have a couple of players I like but have not made any commitment yet to who I would like to see win.  So far no one is really standing out for me on either team, although I do hope the older woman Janet hangs in there.  We shall see.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I didn't understand the vote tonight - if anyone has theory of why the women did what they did, let me know! He was not a threat physically and didn't have strong bonds with the guys. Would have most likely played with the women so he could stay in the game. 

I also still am learning the names. Some of the guys just blur together since they all seem very high on themselves. 

It's been icky weather here so just seeing some sunshine on pretty beaches made this show fly by and I enjoyed it! Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I didn't understand the vote tonight - if anyone has theory of why the women did what they did, let me know! He was not a threat physically and didn't have strong bonds with the guys. Would have most likely played with the women so he could stay in the game. 

I also still am learning the names. Some of the guys just blur together since they all seem very high on themselves. 

It's been icky weather here so just seeing some sunshine on pretty beaches made this show fly by and I enjoyed it! Smiley Happy 

Krishma(sp?) got in the other woman's ear and maybe we will find out what was discussed at the beginning of next week's show when they are returning from tribal council.  I didn't get it either. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing