Respected Contributor

I thought it started off slow & not sure if I like the boot camp but  there's a good mix of players this season so fingers crossed it's a good one.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

Yeah, just tell the truth. "I went not knowing what to expect. I found two giant wooden heads and Boston Rob and Sandra waiting for me there. They taught me how to make fire and then I had a choice between challenging Boston Rob at fire making and possibly winning immunity for two weeks but I'd risk losing my vote this week if I lost, or coming back empty-handed. I challenged him and lost."

If she wanted to lie she could lie about challenging him and say, "I knew there was no way I'd beat Boston Rob at fire making and I didn't want to lose, so I didn't take him up on the challenge and came back empty-handed. It was neat meeting them though. You guys will get the chance later." 

Lying that there were three urns she could choose from was just stupid. I was screaming at my TV when she did that. Maybe production encouraged her not to tell anyone what really happened so later Survivors will be surprised, but it was an absolutely stupid game move to make.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I was wondering what they were going to think when Jeff pulled out her vote and it said "No Vote" on it.  The rest of the tribe were bound to figure that out.

It wasn't an issue because Jeff didn't need to pull out the rest of the votes.

Esteemed Contributor

The whole Rob and Sandra gimmick seems lame. Still a fun show. A lot of egos right off the bat.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I liked the new group but I'm not sure about the Sandra/Rob part.  I think it is very unfair and I would rather see everyone be on an even playing field.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman  I also wondered if she was told not to say what awaited people at Idol Island.  I'm actually kind of glad that it is a random draw and that it looks like everyone should get a chance to go there.

Respected Contributor

I am very curious as to whether she was told by producers to lie about Idol Island.  It seems ridiculous to do so as it will come out soon enough and the other castaways will not be happy.

If Boston Rob and Sandra were not secrets, why did they hide in the shed to watch tribal council???  Why not be introduced by Jeff and have them observe in the open????

It will be interesting to see how long things go on before the fact they are there is revealed.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

A few observations/ramblings from last night's show:

It's still early, but I liked the life guard, she built fire super quick and she's strong.  She didn't mess around, that's for sure.  She definately has the attitude of, "No one's drowning on my watch."  I was happy they got rid of Mr. Obnoxious and hope his sidekick goes soon.  Doesn't the hockey player look like Terry Bradshaw? 

I'm not sure about the Sandra/Rob thing either, and why did the girl lie when she came back?  She made up quite an elaborate story and one girl looked at her like she didn't believe her at all.  (Sorry, I don't know names yet). The other players are going to find out Sandra and Rob are on the island with them and then she'll have to backpedal her story..  That won't be good for her.  I'm excited the show is back on though. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder how long they'll have Rob and Sandra running Boot Camp?  I'm sure they'll have something else planned for them.  Survivor always has twists and turns and lots of surprises. 

Trusted Contributor

Talk about milking your 15 minutes of fame!  Isn’t this about the 50th time Boston Rob has been on this ridiculous show.  If these people are survivors, I am a millionaire.  Why doesn’ t he just go away.  No one cares about him or Sandra or any of these idiots.