Honored Contributor

A three-hour show tonight, so get your popcorn ready. In a break from tradition, they announce the winner while still on the island this year. Not that it matters. The winner generally knows they've won long before the live show where it's officially announced. The players tend to chat among themselves once they're off the island and let slip who they voted for. A bit of quick vote counting by the finalists lets them know where they stand. If no one says they voted for you, then you know you're not winning.

Season 42 was filmed right after season 41 and will start airing on March 9, 2022. Given the short gap between filming, I would expect season 42 to follow the same blueprint as season 41. Any move back to the more old-style of Survivor will likely have to wait for the next filming season, if it even happens then.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Survivor finale tonight!

Only watched the first season. That was enough.

Honored Contributor

I have watched since the beginning Season....quit half way through this one.

Sick of the not so subtle preaching themes.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been looking forward to the finale since last week's episode ended! Speaking of popcorn, I actually did buy some microwave popcorn which I haven't done in years. I had forgotten how good it is. I usually make my own or buy it premade at Trader Joe's so it was fun as something different. Luckily, I like it since it came with 12 bags, lol. 

I'm happy we already have a date for season 42. As for following the same blueprint as 41, I'm fine with that. I have really enjoyed this season, especially once we got past the first couple episodes, and I enjoyed the cast as well. I have read that 42 will be a shorter season--filmed in 26 days--so they will have that in common. 

I do have my favorite but really there's only one player who I would disappointed to see win. But then, who knows? Maybe she'll be so impressive tonight that I change my mind. Anyway, as much as I don't want it to end, I'm so excited for the finale. Bring it on survivors! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Can't wait to see what's going to happen. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Respected Contributor

I hope it does not come down to Erika, Heather and DeShawn as the final 3!!  Cat Sad

I'm sorry Danny had to go, but I wasn't surprised. 

Xander and Riccard are my picks, so I hope at least 1 of them is left in the final.

I enjoy the show, but I'm so tired of all the PC all of the time. Not just on this show but on other shows, commercials, news commentaries, etc...  I knew we were in trouble when Probst questioned saying the phrase, "Come on in Guys" and giving the contestants the choice as to whether to continue this phrase, or not.  Jeeeez.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I hope it does not come down to Erika, Heather and DeShawn as the final 3!!  Cat Sad

I'm sorry Danny had to go, but I wasn't surprised. 

Xander and Riccard are my picks, so I hope at least 1 of them is left in the final.

I enjoy the show, but I'm so tired of all the PC all of the time. Not just on this show but on other shows, commercials, news commentaries, etc...  I knew we were in trouble when Probst questioned saying the phrase, "Come on in Guys" and giving the contestants the choice as to whether to continue this phrase, or not.  Jeeeez.

@jellyBEAN  I totally agree with your last paragraph.

I lost interest with this season around Episode 3 or 4.  I don't remember how many I have on the DVR waiting to be watched or deleted.  I kind of don't care if they do get deleted.

Contributor

Yeah, I thought it was stupid to make such a big deal over that phase. Now when he calls then it just feels ackward.
One phase that I haven't really liked since forever is he'll tell the losing team "Got nothing for ya". Every time he says that I always let out a sad Ahh😊. Now my husband just makes fun of that saying and we have incorporated it into our lives Occassionally😀
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan423 wrote:
Yeah, I thought it was stupid to make such a big deal over that phase. Now when he calls then it just feels ackward.
One phase that I haven't really liked since forever is he'll tell the losing team "Got nothing for ya". Every time he says that I always let out a sad Ahh😊. Now my husband just makes fun of that saying and we have incorporated it into our lives Occassionally😀

@Susan423,  have you somehow missed the numerous rants on these boards over the use of "guys" when addressing women or a mixed group?  Maybe Survivor had the same complaints (or reads the Q boards lol).

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Occasional Contributor

Due to storms in our area necessitating Tv coverage and then loss of power, I missed the first 45 minutes. Anyone care to summarize what happened? I missed the fifth person being voted out. Thank you!