Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor Week 8 4/01/2020 Spoilers included!

@DrKelli wrote:

I felt terrible for Sophie right before the immunity challenge--she looked so cold!!

She did.  I was shivering for her.  

That immunity challenge looked brutal.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I'm the odd one, but, I'm glad Rob lost.  He is so full of himself and arrogant.   I don't care for Tyson either.   I was hoping Natalie would find a way back.

I wish Adam had been voted out.  Not sure Wendell was the smartest move.

Yes, Sophie was freezing.  Ok, put some clothes on.  And, she did, after the fact.  No reason they all need to be in undies.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma r wrote:

Guess I'm the odd one, but, I'm glad Rob lost.  He is so full of himself and arrogant.   I don't care for Tyson either.   I was hoping Natalie would find a way back.

I wish Adam had been voted out.  Not sure Wendell was the smartest move.

Yes, Sophie was freezing.  Ok, put some clothes on.  And, she did, after the fact.  No reason they all need to be in undies.

@grandma r 

I'm with you on the Rob thing. He always has that ticked off look on his face as if it's everybody else's fault that he isn't turning out to be the big deal everybody should be bowing down to him Big Kahuna he thinks he should be on this show. Well maybe it is everybody else's fault, because they aren't all kowtowing to him.

Esteemed Contributor

I like so many of the players I didn't know who to root for! 

The only disappointment for me might have been having Danni win but that's only because I don't really know much about her. I would have liked to see Natalie or Parv win--not only for sister solidarity but they're such great players. Yul has such a noble intention for his winnings and Ethan has such a story of perseverance. But, regardless of all that, I was still happy to see Tyson win. He seems like a nice guy.

There was some debate on the after shows regarding the purchase of advantages and idols. Apparently they could buy advantages for 1 fire token each.The immunity idol was 3 fire tokens. Everyone that had tokens had only one other than Natalie and Rob. Nat had 4, Rob had 3. Amber gave hers to Rob so they both had four. 

Some people think Rob or Natalie would have been smarter to forgo the idol and to have bought more than one advantage. It seems especially true in Rob's case since he was so close to beating Tyson. If he had bought more advantages rather than an idol he would probably be back in the game. Of course he may have been voted off again but it might have been the smarter way to go. I guess it's a case of hindsight being 20/20.

Trusted Contributor

I was so bummed that Rob lost that challenge - so close. It looked like 1 or 2 seconds.  Sounds like they get one more chance to get back in the game so fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if the jurors on Edge of Extinction might form a pact to vote for whichever of them gets back into the game near the end? They're spending lots of time together. They're mostly the old-school players who were already bonded somewhat. It wouldn't be hard for one of them to suggest, "Hey, you know what? We've been through a lot here together. We haven't had the luxury comp wins for meals or other rewards. We're stuck here with nothing to do. Since we're all part of the jury, I think we should all agree to vote for whichever one of us gets back in the game to win. We've all done as much or more to earn the win, so if one of us makes the finale, we should vote as a pact to reward that person. What do you say?" 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

That's an interesting theory, @gardenman .  I hope that happens.  I'd love to see the smuggy mcsmuggerson's smuggy looks wiped off when an old school player wins.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman  That is a great point that you made.

If that happens, I would be thrilled...love to see an "old timer" win the game.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF