Honored Contributor

Survivor Week 5, 3/11/2020 Spoilers Included!!!

We start out at Sandra's camp where everyone seems happy Tyson's gone. (Maybe they did throw it to get rid of him?) We learn that Jonathan's wife has been diagnosed with ALS as Yul relates the story.  Time for the first challenge. An early one this week. Drop the buffs. Rob's not happy about it. We're going from two tribes to three. Michelle and Wendell end up together after dating previously. Oops! Not a challenge, just the forming of new tribes. 

The new Dakal tribe are very happy with the camp at Dakal. Kim is feeling out the newcomers in the tribe which could be bad for Sandra and Tony. Denise and Jeremy might just hook up with Kim to take out Sandra or Tony. 

Parvati welcomes her new tribemates to Sele. Michelle, Yul, Nick, and Wendell are on the tribe with Parvati. Yul said Parvati is his wife's favorite player. Michelle and Wendell are dealing with being together formerly. 

And on tribe three we have Rob, Ben, Sara, Sophie, and Adam. Rob learns about how Amber got voted out. They talk about Ethan getting voted out. Sara and Sophie realize the three guys don't trust one another. Everyone starts hunting for the idol on the new beach. Sophie found the idol. It's another half and half idol. She gives half to Sara. 

Time for the immunity challenge. For once Sandra can't sit it out.  They race through an obstacle course, knock blocks down with sandbags, then stack blocks so no two sides have the same color. Rob's team has dominated so far. Parvati's team is in second so far. Parvati's team wins immunity! Sandra's team came in second and are safe while Rob is off to yet another Tribal Council.

Now the scheming begins. Sara and Sophie think they can work with Adam and Ben. Adam, Ben, and Rob swear they won't vote each other out. Sara seems to be the target as they think Sophie is better at comps. Rob, Ben, and Adam plan to stay together and not let one of the girls wander off with them. Adam's not happy. Ben says Rob wants to control everything. Ben wants to trust his gut. Sara and Sophie want Rob gone. Sara may use her steal a vote if needed and Sophie may use her idol. 

Time for Tribal Council. Time for Jeff to chat up Rob's team. Sophie says she hopes new relationships can form. Adam says everyone's a good player. Jeff asks Sara if there's a crack and can she wedge her way in. Sara and Sophie remark on how tight the three guys were. Sophie says it's more of an opportunity than a crack. Sophie explodes Rob's past strategy. Rob says people go far with his strategy. We see Rob vote for Sara and Sara vote for Rob. No idol is played. Votes are Sara, Rob, Rob, Rob. Bye-bye Rob! Ben looked confused by the vote. 

Rob gives his fire token to Parvati. Next week we lose two players.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor Week 5, 3/11/2020 Spoilers Included!!!

That Adam sure is a little weasel.  I like him!!  Smiley Happy  As much as I liked having Rob run the show (The Godfather of Survivor), that was a smart move to get him out.  Hopefully Sandra's time will be coming soon.

Is Yul a nice guy or what?  What Jonathan is dealing with now with his wife ill was really devastating news and I just felt so incredibly sad.  Something like that really puts things back into perspective imo.  At this point in time I'm hoping for Yul to go far.  Have always liked him as well.

We didn't get to see any of EOE island and for that I was glad cause it takes so much time away from the main happenings of Survivor.  I'm sure we'll get a double dose of it next week when Rob and Amber reunite on EOE. 

Watching Survivor was the highlight of my day. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Is there anywhere online where you can see all the votes?  As they used to show after the previews for next week?

I'm just curious who was on the 5th vote.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@denisemb    Good question.  I miss the final vote showings as well.  My guess is that Ben voted for Sara, we know Rob did.  Adam was the weasel who voted along with the girls for Rob.  jmo

Maybe someone knows of a site for the vote recap and will post a link.  Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman  thanks so much for the update.  We missed tonight's episode.  Happy that Rob us gone.  The longer Parv and Sandra stay in the game, the more likely they are to go to the end.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@denisemb    Good question.  I miss the final vote showings as well.  My guess is that Ben voted for Sara, we know Rob did.  Adam was the weasel who voted along with the girls for Rob.  jmo

Maybe someone knows of a site for the vote recap and will post a link.  Woman Wink

Oh, I agree it was likely Adam who voted for Rob.  Just got the impression Ben wasn't crazy about Rob's "orders" also so wondered if we had 4 votes for Rob and 1 for Sara.

@gardenmanNeglected to compliment and thank you for your recap.  Very well done!

Denise
Respected Contributor

Darn it I was online at the time of the vote and missed Rob's face when he got voted out! I looked up and saw him walk off, I bet he was shocked! Their best decision ever!

Honored Contributor

I think Parvati is going to be pretty safe for a while. It looks like both Yul and Nick are on her side in her new tribe along with Michelle. With Michelle and Wendell not especially loving one another it, it gives each of them a target. I think Parvati might just be able to cruise through to the merge.

Judging by his expression, I don't think Ben voted out Rob. He seemed surprised by the vote count. I don't think he'll be upset as he also wanted Rob gone, but I think he likely voted out Sara.

There are sites where you can learn pretty much everything including the vote count, but there are also spoilers on those sites that may tell you more than you want to know. You have to be a little careful poking around online.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I was more surprised that Sandra actually participated in a challenge than Rob getting voted out.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@gardenman  

There are no spoilers about vote totals, they are not releasing them and it's too easy for the contestants to get caught leasing them.

Normally Wiikipedia which I'd say is a safe spoiler-free site lists vote totals but of course now they can only list the ones we know.