Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor Week 5, 3/11/2020 Spoilers Included!!!

That was a hard episode for me to watch, watching Rob as dead man walking.  

It seemed obvious knowing the outcome that he knew it was coming.

I believe Ben voted for him.  But that's pure speculation as is 99% of what's said.  Ben has not liked Rob for a long time. 

Ben doesn't even belong there and I don't think he'd be there if Earl's wife had given birth a few weeks earlier 

Honored Contributor

Susie, maybe you know something from RHAP?  And if not I'd love to hear a recap of what Cesternino & c. said.  I would love to be able to listen as I've said but I barely have time for Dalton Ross's wonderful, thorough but hilarious recaps and his weekly Q&A with Jeff and deleted scene.

Respected Contributor

I knew BR was done when the children were in their playpens.  I can't stand watching the tribals any more--I just want to know who is getting voted off the island.  I actually turned it off as they were starting the Q&A with Probst.

I hope Yul wins.  Or BR comes back from exile and wins.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Rob but now that he is on EOE we get to see other players. I like Adam. He plays , he plots and schemes. A good episode.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Hubs and I chit chat throughout the show. Reminds him of social games during his 43 years in the corporate world... Reminds me of politics found in education. I think we can all relate this show to personal environments we've experienced.

Yul is my fave. I hope he doesn't try to flatter Parvati. Never did like her. Glad Rob is voted out. I'm not into treating people like kings and queens. 

So, what if Parvati, Rob and his wife end up in the same camp? Would be interesting to observe that trio. Parvati would throw Rob in the fire so fast if she didn't have his loyalty.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Next season has been postponed for now.  They should already be working on challenges and stuff.

Fiji has zero cases.

But 400 crew members fly there so CBS made the decision..

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-update-cbs-postpones-next-survivor-season-as-coronavirus-sp...

Honored Contributor

Given every cancellation wondering if the finale will happen either.  I think it's a given there will be no audience.

Honored Contributor

just finished watching this weeks episode.

i have to say that finally seeing sandra in a challenge made me laugh. i am a boston rob fan and was so sorry to see him go for now, although it was smart of those that voted for him. i was a little surprised.

i would not mind seeing yul win.....he is very likeable. i am not going to mind if someone comes back to win it all. i might not mind tony winning either. of course, my choices will change as the season moves forward.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Given every cancellation wondering if the finale will happen either.  I think it's a given there will be no audience.

The finale probably won't be until sometime in May. Things are likely to have settled down a good bit by then. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

The finale probably won't be until sometime in May. Things are likely to have settled down a good bit by then. 

G-man, google:  The finale is May 13th.

Events way after that have been canceled.

Season 41 taping has been postponed.

With COVID-19 we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

ETA:  Gardenman, sorry if I'm cranky (crankier? LOL), been up all night.  I lost a great guy to AIDS who had hemophilia.  This thing is airborne, lives longer on surfaces than any virus before it and has the highest mortality rate, so far 3x the flu.  Like you I am the sole Survivor, last one standing, for my elderly mother only I chose to uproot my life to do be here for her and I'm at least as at-risk, probably more, than she is.  This county has been blanketed with tourists who were exposed and it's my turn to have sleepless nights like I'm sure you did back then.  I'm glad you were spared!.