Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor! Week 4, 3/04/20, Spoilers included!

I don't think they are merging next week, I think they are just switching things up, which has been kind of standard in past seasons.  I don't really like it, but I guess it resets game play.

Add me to those who can't believe they didn't get rid of Sandra.  She's playing the same game that she played on her 3 previous seasons and she won 2 of those.

I felt for Ethan, having recently completed radiation myself.  I was absolutely exhausted and I didn't have to do chemo.  I know he hasn't been in treatment for a few years, but let me tell you, it takes its toll.  I was happy the girls went with him on his last trip.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe a team would risk purposely throwing a challenge to get rid of a player they dislike.  Things can so easily backfire and of course there is the trust issue and hidden immunity idols floating about.  Perhaps I'm in the dark but I didn't realize Tyson or Ethan for that matter, were disliked enough at this stage of the competition to be voted out.  I should really re-watch each episode, because I always feel like I've missed something.

Sandra is like a cockroach.  You just can't get rid of her and she contributes nothing.  I'm sure her day will come, I just hope it comes sooner rather than later.  It remains to be seen how Rob and Parvati will hold on.  I will say that those 2 are at least likeable - personality wise.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Throwing challenges generally comes back to bite the tribe in the butt.  It's been done a number of times to get rid of people they don't like or people that they consider a big threat.  But it's like it brings a curse and the tribe that did it loses  mulitiple challenges after they throw one.

Respected Contributor

Is it possible that Sandra signed on to play ONLY if she did not need to participate in challenges or is the bench sitting a week to week deal?

It seems to me she has no right to be sole survivor with all of the non-participation. 

She is definitely not putting forth much effort.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

It was a warmhearted scene to see everyone walk with Ethan up and down the mountain.

The compassion shared was a tribute to the character of each and everyone.

An event to be remembered in the Survivor legacy.

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I don't think they are merging next week, I think they are just switching things up, which has been kind of standard in past seasons.  I don't really like it, but I guess it resets game play.

Add me to those who can't believe they didn't get rid of Sandra.  She's playing the same game that she played on her 3 previous seasons and she won 2 of those.

I felt for Ethan, having recently completed radiation myself.  I was absolutely exhausted and I didn't have to do chemo.  I know he hasn't been in treatment for a few years, but let me tell you, it takes its toll.  I was happy the girls went with him on his last trip.

@DrKelli 

You're absolutely right.

I used the word merge when what we will more likely have is a tribe swap. Very unlikely to have a tribe of fifteen players so sorry about that! I'm glad you caught it and I hope I didn't cause anyone else any confusion. 

You have to watch my term usage closely. Not too long ago I said a player had been evicted and @LoriLori  had to remind me that Survivor isn't Big Brother, lol. 

I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through radiation recently and I hope you're doing well now. It really was touching when the girls went with Ethan to get the last log. It was such a sweet scene.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Is it possible that Sandra signed on to play ONLY if she did not need to participate in challenges or is the bench sitting a week to week deal?

It seems to me she has no right to be sole survivor with all of the non-participation. 

She is definitely not putting forth much effort.

The only reason she has been able to sit out the challenges is because her team have been winning (maybe that is why they have been winning).  With the tribe swap next week she may need to start participating depending on how the numbers fall.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2  I'm doing very well. I finished radiation 6 weeks ago yesterday and am starting to notice that my energy is finally coming back and all the skin irritation has gone away.  I don't know if you have seen on other threads--I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November, had surgery right before Thanksgiving and 16 rounds of radiation starting New Year's Eve.  I'm fine now and am cancer free at this point.  It was quite the annoyance for 4 months!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli  Thank you for sharing your story.

I wish you all the best on your continuing journey.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli  My goodness, dear lady. I'm sorry I hadn't seen the other threads about your diagnosis. That's no Happy Thanksgiving news and starting radiation on New Year's Eve--wow--you've really been through a lot! I can't imagine sixteen rounds of radiation. It upset me when I had to go back to the dentist three times in a short period of time. Four months of treatment makes me realize how trivial three appointments really is. 

As Mersha said, thank you for sharing your story. It's funny how we can be posting with someone for months, even years, and not know what struggle they may be going through.

The best news is seeing the words cancer free. Here's to it never showing its nasty self again. You're a brave woman and my hope is that you get stronger and stronger with each day. Heart