Honored Contributor

Survivor! Week 4, 3/04/20, Spoilers included!

Previews show Ethan having a medical issue on Extinction Island. We'll have to see how bad that is. The show starts with Rob saying he feels bad for Ethan. Adam feels betrayed and left out on the vote. He says he just did everything you shouldn't do. Adam says he pooped his pants at the vote and is now apologizing to everyone, but I'm not sure his tribemates are buying it.

The other tribe is pretty happy and relaxed. Those on Extinction get a box advising them they can each win a fire token by making twenty trips hauling firewood up and down the steps on the island. Ethan doesn't think it'll be so bad. (Ha!) They're all impressed by Natalie. Ethan gets in trouble during the comp and drops. Medics come in to check him out. He'd made sixteen trips before collapsing. He's okay though, was just pushing himself too hard. Natalie finishes first and gets her fire token. Amber's next. Danni's next. They all went with Ethan on his last trip to cheer him on. All four get their fire tokens. 

Rob is reminiscing about his first and second times playing. Adam's being super friendly and working hard to try and get back on everyone's good side. Rob and Parvati know they're on the bottom. Rob is planning to lie about Adam to keep him the target. The tribe seems to buying Rob's lies. Sara and Tyson are a duo. Tyson catches a smallish octopus for food. Tyson tries to manipulate Sandra, but it doesn't work. He's Sandra's top target.

Time for the immunity challenge. It's a swimming, jumping and puzzle comp. It's also the live chicken challenge. Sandra sits out yet again along with Tony. Rob and Michelle are doing the puzzle, but they're way behind to start. Rob and Michelle pull off the come from way, way behind comp win. They're immune and get the chickens. Could be bad news for Tyson. The three jumpers on Rob's team had a very hard time retrieving the keys, but Adam finally got the last one.

Tyson wants Nick gone and blames him for messing up the puzzle. Tyson's being a bit too obvious. That tends to backfire on people. Everyone is targeting Tyson behind his back. Tony tries to save Tyson. It should be either Nick or Tyson going unless someone does something stupid at tribal. 

Jeff does his Q&A routine. Sandra seems safe for some reason. I'd want her out, but the tribe doesn't seem to target her. They call her the queen. Time to vote. No idols got played. Nick, Kim, Tyson, Tyson, Tyson, Tyson, Tyson are the votes. Tyson's a goner! He gives his fire token to Nick. And that's it for this week. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor! Week 4, 3/04/20, Spoilers included!

@gardenmanGreat summation of tonight's episode.

I was really feeling for Ethan during that log task.  He seems like such a nice guy (I didn't see the season he was originally on).  I was relieved that he was OK.  Natalie is a beast (and I mean that in a GOOD way).  She's still my pick to return to the main game of play.

Can't believe Rob's team pulled out the win for immunity.  Goes to show you it ain't over til it's over.

Why are they all bowing down to The Queen?  They need to get her out PRONTO!!  I am not a Tyson fan so I don't care that he got the vote, but when are they gonna wise up?

Really njoying the season so far.  Adam is a weasel but I like him, and now he's really got a target on his back. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I've noticed that Sandra sits out of the challenges most of the time.  What is the benefit of keeping her?  She doesn't do much except stir the pot.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Emotional episode for this crybaby, lol. I teared up during the scene with Ethan and cried when the three girls accompanied him on his last run. Cried again when Sele won the challenge, not because they won, but because it was such an incredible comeback. It was fun to see how happy they were.

My last emotion didn't involve tears. It was more like a choice hyphenated name (that can't be repeated here, lol) for the jerks who got rid of Tyson...so pretty much all of them. Smiley Mad

Kudos to Parv for calling out Sandra. Smiley Very Happy

eta ~ it was kind of cool for Tyson to give his token to Nick. I thought for sure it would go to Sarah or possibly Tony.

Esteemed Contributor

Rob C (not to be confused with Boston Rob) had an interesting theory that Dakal may have intentionally lost the challenge so they could get rid of Tyson. It sounds crazy at first but he made some good points with one being they knew a merge is coming and they didn't want the Run It Up Reno crowd--specifically BR and Tyson to end up on a tribe together.

We miss out on a lot of strategy with so much time dedicated to E of E that it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they discussed it and we just didn't see it. We don't even know why Nick threw out that the vote for Kim. I mean, we know why, but we don't know what lead up to it. Did he think of it on his own? Was it a group plan? It just came out of left field with no warning.

Intentional loss is probably more of a conspiracy theory than anything else but you never know. Sometimes what we don't know we don't know is a lot. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I just rewatched the challenge and, honestly, there was no reason Dakal should have lost. The entire bottom of their puzzle looked to be right and suddenly they decided to take the whole thing apart. Why? Very strange, maybe they panicked.

I loved seeing Sele celebrate. Jeremy was punching Rob and hugging him. Ben was kissing Rob. Everyone went wild, so fun.

The merge is coming up and we have 15 players left which leaves 2 possibilities. Either they bring someone back from E of E or they split into three tribes of five.

I guess they could have uneven tribes--but would they do that? Seems unlikely.

Respected Contributor

I would love to know why  the "queen" was able to sit out yet another challenge.  As someone mentioned, she does absolutely nothing for the tribe. 

It will be interesting to see next week how the players are divided up or if it is one tribe.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

I didn't think the same person could sit out back to back challenges.

I guess they can...

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4..I guess you can sit out as many challenges as you want if you are a queen.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I didn't think the same person could sit out back to back challenges.

I guess they can...

What we learned last week was that as long as there's a tribal council in between sitting out a challenge, it gets reset. This season, at least so far, they've combined reward challenges and immunity challenges into a single challenge. That lets Sandra sit out each challenge. Did they do it specifically for Sandra? I don't know. They're using the time they would typically have an award challenge for showing what's going on at the Edge of Extinction.

It's entirely possible the other tribe threw the comp to get rid of Tyson. We just don't know. It did seem like they were way, way ahead on the challenge and didn't need to tear it all down and start over. One of the things I dislike about Survivor is that we only get to see what they show us. We don't get to hear the scheming and plotting that goes on that never gets aired.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!