Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor! Week 14 The Finale! Spoilers included!!!

#Survivor2020 trending on Twitter, lots of fun to read.

Honored Contributor

That one is trending but as always with Survivor the reddit one's even better. 

Cochran's tweet re fire tokens, screen shot of Sarah, Dalton Ross tweeting there, awesome!

https://twitter.com/survivor_reddit?lang=en

Honored Contributor

With three idols played there's going to be a mad scramble as everyone tries to find another one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2   

this one's for you, her face when she learned she was WRONG:

https://twitter.com/Survivor_Reddit/status/1260737862238167040

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@SusieQ_2   

this one's for you, her face when she learned she was WRONG:

https://twitter.com/Survivor_Reddit/status/1260737862238167040

@LoriLori 

Ha! Love that! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

From #survivor 

@robcesternino
·
4m

The #Survivor is rigged crowd is going to have a hard time explaining the last 3 minutes
Honored Contributor

Explanation I just read on why Ben did what he did and it makes sense and I still wish he never was a Last Minute Replacement but:

Not one person ever bequeathed him a fire token.  I didn't realize that. 

So handwriting on the wall not act of nobility.  And no way he's winning immunity but it's still a way of quitting IMO.  Playing to the audience for the Nobility Award instead of playing the game.  Ick.

Respected Contributor

It's a good finale tonight. I think it will be between Natalie and Michele, I don't want tree pee Tony to win!

Esteemed Contributor

Please don't take this wrong. I love strong women (Solidarity Sisters and the whole nine yards!) and I think in many ways men have had the upper hand in many of life's circumstances. HOWEVER..even though Jeff played his role in the "women are treated differently" story (only calling men by their last name?

C'mon, who really cares about something so trivial?). Last year's removing of the player who couldn't keep his hands to himself was valid, but I didn't think Sarah's story tonight held much truth. Honestly, as a woman, it made me cringe a little. 

In less than one minute Sarah took away, maybe without even realizing it--the epic wins and props of strong women like Parvati, Sandra, Natalie, Kim, Amber--and I know I'm leaving many out--who won by outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting just as well any of the men did. And, at least for me, I never looked at them as being a B (itch), or anything morally less that any of the male winners for how they played the game.

I'm all for pointing out a gender bias when there really is one but I'm not for using my gender as an excuse for anything. Honestly, despite the jury's comments of "I'm so proud of her" I was actually a little embarrassed (for women) by her comments, and had I been a male, I would have felt like I was being undermined. It's like she was setting the jury up for being guilted into voting for anyone other than a female. 

If a woman is going to win fair and square I'm all for it. I'll celebrate that the only two-time winners of Survivor are female. Just don't give it to her because she's a woman...make her earn it. Make it worth celebrating! 

Adding after watching Sarah cry in final tribal about her love for Tony...how can I not love her, lol. 

And Tony just won the fire making challenge! The emotion is overwhelming. Cops R Us should have gone to the end. Michele is this season's goat (imo). 

It's now a fight between Natalie and Tony. 

*I know this post was pretty opinionated. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Honored Contributor

I would think Natalie would have a big edge with the jury. She lived with them thirty-some days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!