Honored Contributor

Survivor Week 12 (I think) Spoilers included!

Sarah's very unhappy with Tony. Sarah says Tony can never talk to her again if he blindsides her again. Tony tells both Ben and Sarah that he has an idol. Ben still wants Jeremy out next. Tony thinks he's in trouble and is now going undercover to try and eavesdrop on his fellow castaways. Only Sarah knows he's going undercover. Kim says she wants to see Tony go. She's recruiting Ben, Denise, Michelle, and Nick to vote out Tony. 

Meanwhile, back at Edge of Extinction. They have a new challenge to win fire tokens. They have to retrieve twenty coconuts, one coconut at a time. The first six get two tokens, five people get none. Boston Rob fell and smashed his elbow. Natalie and Sophie dominate the race. Natalie finished first. Sophie second, Yul third, Parvati, and Tyson finished together. Danni and Wendell were neck and neck for the final pair of fire tokens. Wendell won the fire tokens and Danni was left out. Boston Rob continued to collect coconuts well after everyone else was finished with blood dripping down his arm.

Michelle, Nick, and Denise talk about hooking up with Kim to go farther in the game. Nick thinks Sarah, Jeremy, and Tony would beat him. Sarah and Tony go looking for Sophie's idol. So do the rest. Ben found the idol and tried to hide it from Tony, who saw him and called him out.

Time for the immunity comp. It's one where they have to stand on a perch and keep their arm elevated as it's chained to a bucket and if their hand drops the buckets dumps. Both the last man and woman standing will win immunity and fire tokens. Ben wants peanut butter and a cookie to drop. Jeremy drops, Ben touches the structure and is out. Sarah drops. Nick offers Tony a fire token to drop, but Tony says he wants to win immunity three times in a row. Jeff offers peanut butter and choc chip cookies and milk for those still in the comp. Kim gets the food and steps out. Michelle joins her. Nick drops out also for food after Tony agrees to give him a fire token. Denise and Tony win immunity and the fire tokens.

Now the scheming at camp begins. Tony tells Sarah to try and win immunity as he can't win them all. It sounds like Jeremy is the target. Michelle's not happy about Jeremy being the target. Ben tells Tony that Kim is trying to get rid of Tony before he won immunity. Nick's a very bad liar as Tony asks him about it. Tony knows Nick is lying. (Nick's a really bad liar. How did he ever win a season of Survivor?) Tony tells Sarah what's going on and suggests they bring in Jeremy instead of Ben. Tony wants Ben to help vote out Kim. Michelle offers her 50/50 prize to Jeremy. Jeremy goes to talk to Ben to try and get him to vote out Kim. Michelle gives Jeremy the 50/50 idol. 

Off to tribal. Tony and Jeremy whisper and Jeremy confirms he's voting out Kim. Lots more whispering going on. And I mean lots more whispering. Denise finally tires of it all and says she just wants to vote. Tony plays his idol for Sarah who says not to, so Tony puts it back. The votes are Jeremy, Kim, Jeremy, Jeremy, Kim, Kim, Kim, and Kim. Kim is voted out. (Sure. Just last week I said I was pulling for her, so now she's gone.) Kim gives one fire token to Michelle, Sarah, and Denise. Tony's in a really good spot right now. He's still got his idol. His biggest threat just got voted out. He's in a pretty good spot. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor Week 12 (I think) Spoilers included!

Why would Michelle give her 50/50 idol/token thingee to Jeremy only to write his name down at Tribal?

Gosh, I'm so glad Tony didn't give/play his idol for Sarah.  Who is she?  In the beginning we see her so angry at Tony, blah blah blah, and now she expects him to save her sorry as_?  Tony would have been a fool, because we know Sarah will not be loyal to him when push comes to shove.  Jeeeez.

Natalie proved once again she belongs back with the rest of the pack.  If she does make it back, she will win, no doubt.  If she does make it back, she will be target #1 because most jury members will vote for her.

At this point in time since I like Tony the best, I'd like him to win.  He's a police officer in Jersey City of all places.  Not an easy place to patrol.  He could use the $2M.  + he's very entertaining and I find him likeable.  Really, whoever does win, will be deserving.

Nick is a terrible liar.  And he's an attorney.  Not that I'm linking the two, or maybe I am, but really, I think I can lie better than he can and I'm a lousy liar.

Tribal is really quite stressful with all the background chatter going on.  How nerve wracking.  I'm glad Kim got the boot.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

yes, it is episode 12.

yet ANOTHER fun episode......so much packed into one hour.

how come they dont do the "bug/insect eating" challenges anymore? or how about the auction challenges? how about the idol moments memory challenge?

tony is so much fun to watch.....and he never stops talking. he is playing an excellent game and winning all of these challenges doesnt hurt, PLUS an idol in his pocket.

totally agree, nick is a lousy liar!

was happy to see KIM voted out.

excluding those on EOE, i like tony, jeremy, and denise (wow, i did not realize that denise was only 49 years old?)

i wonder what the fire token count is for each person?

i am going to be sorry to see this season end. who knows when another one will be? it may be a full year or longer before another surivivor airs.

The finale is scheduled for May 13 and will be preceded by a two-hour episode May 6 leading into the last episode. Jeff  will connect with all 20 players via video chat during the course of the final episode. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I may be in Texas now but I'm originally a Jersey Girl so I'm pulling for Jersey Boy Tony to win.  As @jellyBEAN  said he has a tough job as a police officer in Jersey City.  Much respect for that.  

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

At this point in time since I like Tony the best, I'd like him to win.  He's a police officer in Jersey City of all places.  Not an easy place to patrol.  He could use the $2M.  + he's very entertaining and I find him likeable.  Really, whoever does win, will be deserving...

Not sure he coudl "use the $2M" since he's already one $1M...and I'm guessing he's one of the ones who has spent that money wisely. 

FYI Kim did, and they really worked on her to come back for 40 while others winners were begging and not chosen; some didn't even get a call at all.  Kim had turned down every other offer to return and I'm glad this time she said yes.

Honored Contributor

The EOE players look so thin, so tired, and just worn out.  Did Ethan participate in the coconut challenge?  It was grueling.

I can't believe how much talking back and forth the players do at Tribal now.  I was a little nervous because I thought Jeremy was going to get voted out.  

I'm not a Tony or Sarah fan.  I'd be happy if someone who was on EOE won.  I have a few favorites over there.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I thought they'd already filmed season 41 since they're often about a year ahead in filming, but no. They were just getting ready to shoot when the virus stopped everything. So, there probably won't be a Survivor in the fall. There is a season of The Amazing Race that's filmed. They've pushed back the start date for that though and they could end up holding it for the fall if there's no Survivor.

Still no official word from CBS on the fate of Big Brother or Love Island for the summer. Both largely isolate their casts, so I suspect they could get away with the filming of those as long as they could limit risks to the crews filming the shows. 

It's going to be an interesting period for the networks as they try to figure out what the heck to put on the air.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I can't stand Tony.  I know he is playing a good game, but I didn't like him on his other seasons and I don't like him on this one.  Right now, I want Natalie, BR, Ethan, Yul or Parv to win.  And I hope who ever comes back from EOE does win.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of Tony, but at least he's entertaining. 
I would love for Natalie to win, she's been stuck on EOE for too long. 

Honored Contributor

I will be so disappointed if there is no Survivor in the Fall Smiley Sad