Honored Contributor

Survivor Week 11, 4/22/2020 Spoilers included!

And we open this week with Jeremy back at the main island waiting for the rest of the tribe to return. He's not happy that Tyson's gone. The rest aren't happy that Jeremy skipped out. Ben thinks the five can get out Jeremy easily. Jeremy tries to convince Ben that Ben's a bigger target. Jeremy wanted Tyson there as a shield. Kim and Michelle are annoyed that they were left out of the vote and worry that they're next to be picked off. Tony talks about how he couldn't go look for idols to avoid people being paranoid. Now he's looking for idols. Nick shows up while Tony is looking for the idol. Tony sends Nick off to look at the well. Tony finds the idol. He's very, very happy. Sarah makes clothes for her tribemates. The girls put on a fashion show. Tony wants to get Jeremy out. Tony pretends he's with Jeremy and his group to blindside them. Jeremy thinks him, Michelle, Denise, Kim,  and Tony are solid. Kim pretty much figures out what Tony is doing and says he's the biggest enemy right now.

Meanwhile, out on the Edge of Extinction. Tyson's saying that Adam will have a hard time after the game. Natalie and Parvati find a wine bottle with a clue in it. They go looking for an answer. They figure out it's under the bed. Parvati leads others away while Natalie searches. They get the power to deprive someone of a vote and the right to prevent them from playing for immunity at tribal if that person won't pay a bribe. It sounds like they'll blackmail Tony.

Tony's very happy to find a scroll in his bag and he thinks it'll be an advantage. The first word he reads is extortion and he's happy until he realizes he's the one being extorted. They want six fire tokens and Tony only has three. He wants to borrow tokens from his allies. Michelle doesn't have any fire tokens. Tony sends Michelle to see if Jeremy will give him some. Jeremy is willing to give Tony one fire token. Nick agrees to give him one. Ben agrees to give him one also. Tony has the six tokens he needs.

Time for the immunity challenge. They have to balance a statue on the end of a long pole while slowly moving farther away. Kim is out first. Denise is out. Michelle is out. Sarah is out. Nick is out. Sophie is out. Ben is out. Jeremy is out. Tony wins immunity and gets two fire tokens! Tony's very happy. He can repay Nick and Ben and vote out Jeremy.

Time for scheming back at camp. Tony's very happy. Kim says she didn't want Tony to win, but it makes him a bigger target. They plot to split the votes between Jeremy and Michelle in case someone uses an idol. Jeremy thinks they're voting out Ben. Tony thinks blindsiding Sophie makes the most sense.  He goes to Nick who agrees to go along with it. Tony lets Jeremy in on the plan. Jeremy wants Ben gone though. Jeremy thinks Tony is wrong. Tony's desperately trying to save Jeremy but Jeremy seems not to be buying what Tony is selling.

Time for Tribal Council. Jeff talks about all of the stuff played at the last tribal. Jeremy says everyone is telling half-truths. There's lots of talk about resumes and credit/blame. Time to vote. Nothing gets played this week. The votes are Jeremy, Michelle, Jeremy, Michelle, Jeremy, Sophie, Sophie, Sophie, and Sophie. Sophie bites the dust! Sophie left with an idol. She leaves her tokens to Sarah and Kim. And that's it for this week.

They're advertising for new players so we'll likely have them resuming filming sometime over the summer. I'm sorry to see Sophie go. I liked her. I guess I'll root for Kim now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor Week 11, 4/22/2020 Spoilers included!

i came in during the fashion show.....where did she get the clothing and the paint to make the fashions?

i dont know who i want to win out of the remaining people (and excluding the EOE people for now), but i have to say that tony is a lot of fun to watch! i was a bit surprised to see sophie go......and go with an idol in her pants!

no scrambling this week.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Best episode of this season so far.  Tony is back.  I liked Sophie but I love a good blindside better.

Respected Contributor

Yes, tonight was the Tony show.  Heeee's baaacckkk.  Yippee.  And he's now got an idol.

I wasn't sorry to see Sophie go.  Another fool who had an idol in her pocket and wasn't wise enough to save herself.  Bye bye.

Of all the people on EOE, I think Natalie is the one that deserves a comeback.  I wonder when they will all get another shot at returning?

Wish we could have seen how they all voted at the end.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sophie looked liked she hesitated and looked at her bag to play the Idol.  I'm glad she didn't.  I'm not really a fan of her or Sarah.  

It was kind of exciting with the tokens this week.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

That was a really fun episode thanks to Tony. He had amazing gameplay tonight!

@sunshine45 I'm not sure of the answer to your question. I was making cupcakes while watching and if you knew about my baking skills you'd know it demanded my unwavering concentration. Smiley Very Happy

I may watch the episode again at 8 and try to find out the answer. If so, I'll let you know. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Sophie looked liked she hesitated and looked at her bag to play the Idol.  I'm glad she didn't.  I'm not really a fan of her or Sarah.  

It was kind of exciting with the tokens this week.  LOL

It was exciting! It will be interesting to see if Sophie's exit brings Sarah closer to Tony or causes an irreparable rift in their relationship.

I know he wanted to split up that duo. Hopefully it works to his advantage.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 , Sorry but no satisfactory answer to your question. Actually, no answer at all. The scene opens with Sarah saying she wanted to start a clothing line on the island as she's dipping a paint brush into a Mason-type jar filled with paint. Not exactly something one would find on a deserted island!

It would have been nice if they had let us in on why those things appeared from nowhere. 

Respected Contributor

Re: paint, etc.

I realize other seasons gave paint for contestants to make banner for new tribe when they merge, but don't recall it for this season.

However, that doesn't account for gauzy fabric and huge button...?

Denise
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2   If I'm not mistaken, I could swear that when they showed the previews for next week, Sarah is TICKED at Tony for voting Sophie off and Sarah was saying Tony must be the next to go.  We shall see.  He's got an idol.  I hope he hasn't told anyone he has it.

As far as the paint appearance, they were probably given paint to do their flag because I did notice earlier in the episode the flag had all their names scrolled all over it, as if they had painted their own names on the flag.  There is a lot we are not seeing.  Between EOE and all, we are not seeing scenes we normally would see.  I thought the fashion show was pretty dumb but I guess they are beginning to go stir crazy at this time.  Did they even have a reward challenge?

Maybe Denise's resume will flame out because Sandra is no longer around and she's been pretty much forgotton.  When they are all sitting at Tribal and Jeff is asking these questions and putting them on the spot the contestants answers always seem to throw me a little bit and I think to myself, "huh"?  It's almost like they are recalling words from a script or something.  jmo

Flowers are nature's way of laughing