Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor Week 10, 4/15/2020 Spoilers included!

They are apparently not eating on EOE or if they are it's very minimal.  Amber said at one point that they have no energy.

I'm guessing they ate on the boat or wherever they landed before the boat ride.

They probably had a water station but didn't show it.

You would think Amber and Rob would have had to sign a waiver to have someone bring the kids.  I don't think the grandmother could sign that.

My mind went straight to the legal ramifications of all these babies being brought in.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm glad there was no loved one challenge.  I hate those pick someome to go with you reward challenges.

Trusted Contributor

I hate that.whisprting too. They never did that until the past few seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

What Celtic Crafter and OceanJade said

I like Tony better this season than his previous. Tyson looked like he wanted to go home. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

maybe i am the only one enjoying the "voting scramble" each week. it makes me laugh out loud! i find it so funny to see everyone questioning their own voting and wondering if they have an alliance or not. it brings a whole new level to the game.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

They are apparently not eating on EOE or if they are it's very minimal.  Amber said at one point that they have no energy.

I'm guessing they ate on the boat or wherever they landed before the boat ride.

They probably had a water station but didn't show it.

You would think Amber and Rob would have had to sign a waiver to have someone bring the kids.  I don't think the grandmother could sign that.

My mind went straight to the legal ramifications of all these babies being brought in.

@VaBelle35 

not so sure what you mean by legal ramifications? if the parent or parents approve and have the kids passports ready to go, there should be no issues bringing the kids there? i am sure all of this is figured out well before even the contestants begin their days there.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

But then how is it a surprise if they signed a waiver to allow the kids to go before they left for the show?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

But then how is it a surprise if they signed a waiver to allow the kids to go before they left for the show?

i am sure they sign a ton of legal papers. it is never a surprise really......how many seasons have they been doing it?  some of them may be needed, some of them may not be needed. if they were on EOE they probably did NOT expect to be able to see their loved ones......just a guess.

Honored Contributor

I would assume that any parents leaving their children to be on Survivor for a month or more would have to give some sort of power of attorney to whoever they left the children with, in case the children needed medical care/surgery or something while the parents were away. Whoever they gave that authority to would then have the authority to let the kids go to the island to see their parents.

I've never read a lot about the Survivor contract, but on Big Brother, they pretty much sign their life away. It's a very long contract and multiple people through the years have gotten picked to be on the show, read the contract and decided not to go after reading the contract. It's possible, maybe likely, that the Survivor contract includes details about family visits since they're a routine part of the show.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!