Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor is back tonight!

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori 

It might be best to start a whole new thread with 'Spoilers' in the title. Something like "Survivor Season 40 Spoilers inside!" 

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori I'm here!  I was just on travel last week and only got thru the first hour of the premiere (insomnia for 3 nights tends to make me fall asleep early.  And then wake up at midnight)

I know I"m in the minority, but I don't like returning player seasons.  I'll try to get into it more because I like the discussions here.  I will say, I'm pretty sure Boston Rob is going to be plenty pisst that Ambuh was voted out first.  I'll tune in just for that!

Esteemed Contributor

Re:Survivor Season 40 Weekly thread! Spoilers included! Options

[ Edited ]

"I suspect Sandra got handed the idol at their "Jungle confessional" set." @gardenman 

"I feel like it had to be something like what @gardenman is suggesting. Maybe not so much that someone from the crew just walked over and handed it to her, but maybe while she was talking they slipped it in her bag." @SusieQ_2

"It's not that complicated!  Didn't her team go to tribal?  Depending on that season's locations it can take hours and hours to drive them to and from tribal." @LoriLori 

Complicated? I don't think any of us ever thought of it as complicated but one thing we can be pretty sure of is that it didn't happen on the way to tribal. The good thing is that whether it happened during travel or a jungle confessional it's really not all that important. Unless someone decides to ask Jeff or the cast we may never know, and even then they might not tell us, lol.

*edited to change the title above my post. Why? I have no idea. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Re:Survivor Season 40 Weekly thread! Spoilers included! Options

So, it's show night again. Do we start a new thread for this week, or just keep using this one? Bear in mind old threads still exist, they just drop out of sight. The search box can bring them back. My old posts all the way back to BB 18 are still searchable. We'll be on BB 22 this year, so that's about four years of posts still lurking in the dark recesses of the QVC servers if you want to go looking for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman , I'm okay with using this thread.  That way I can just come here after the show.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

So, it's show night again. Do we start a new thread for this week, or just keep using this one? Bear in mind old threads still exist, they just drop out of sight. The search box can bring them back. My old posts all the way back to BB 18 are still searchable. We'll be on BB 22 this year, so that's about four years of posts still lurking in the dark recesses of the QVC servers if you want to go looking for them.

@gardenman 

As Jeff says "It's time to vote." Just kidding, but if you're asking for opinions, mine is that we have a new thread each week. I prefer shorter threads to the hundreds of posts long threads. 

I agree that comments are pretty much here for eternity. If anyone really wants to read old comments they're always available. If you do decide to make a new thread and you put Survivor Season 40 Week 2 (and so on), then finding those old comments would be a breeze. I also agree that it's very important to add the word SPOILERS in the title. We've seen what happens when it's left out, lol. I actually mentioned all this yesterday and subsequently deleted my post (so if you saw if, and read it--no, you're not going crazy, lol). 

I have only a few concerns. The first is - do we have enough posts to warrant a weekly thread? We probably do, after, all, how many is enough? lol

Second - I'm not a natural thread starter. I only did BB for a season because our leader was out of commission. That puts the responsibility on you @gardenman . Are you willing?

Third - I don't want any ruffled feathers. We all have equally important opinions and a group of fans who all love Survivor. Whatever the consensus is works for me.

But, it's up for a vote, mine goes to a weekly thread. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor Season 40 Weekly thread! Spoilers included!

@SusieQ_2     I too vote for a weekly thread.  Easier to sift thru it and just start fresh every week.

I didn't think I'd njoy all returning players, but I think I AM gonna like this season after all.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I vote for a weekly thread too

Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor Season 40 Weekly thread! Spoilers included!

Weekly thread vote.

I got my Survivor ditty bag today and its huge like a purse. I thought it would be tiny. It's cute though and the socks are well made!

Honored Contributor

i am all caught up and can i say that i am LOVING this season 40 right off the bat!

i dont even want to miss one minute. sandra and rob are going to be so difficult to beat if they stay in there long.......they are so good at the game AND at manipulation. was a little surprised at robs poor showing on the puzzle part of the challenge. i think he was a bit distracted by amber being gone.

its going to be a wild ride.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein