Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor is back tonight!

@gardenman 

It seems a shame to lose all these posts.  Since no one knows how to ask a mod I guess this will be the thread so please can you change the title?

I never put spoilers in my titles only because it should be obvious, it's Wednesday night and you live in another time zone show's on here but if I don't remember what Dr. Kelli did when she started and whatever makes you happy.

The other thread has died a natural death, it's just some people said cool things on it but onward and I say stay here.  You can change a thread's title, right?  I know there's some weird thing about the posts changing but you can change it as it apperas on the main page?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

How's that?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@LoriLori 

no, I did not go there but after last week's shows I am very tempted to do so. I am all for a spoiler thread. You mentioned I should let you know, well here is letting you know! LOL

Chiclets, it's alway a spoiler thread and I'm not using a spoiler box for the winner..  Reiterating to all I did not seek it out, I was trying to find out which meh player won 39 (and I don't remember whoever now, worst season IMO) and I went to the usual subReddit and there was 40, all laid out...

But now it's as close as a Google search so...go for it?  But deep breath, I just found out something else I didn't know!  (And it makes me HAPPY)

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori 

How's that?

Can't you just change the title of THIS thread you began to SURVIVOR SEASON 40.  Personally I never saw the need to add Spoilers since people know when the show airs and anyone clicking during the east cast airing knows they're risking spoiers.

But with or without spoilers, I'm saying you said start a whole new thread and I'm saying there are too many posts here already to lose all that and begin again so since you started it, we have to lose the other thread unfortunately but can you change the title of this one?

Your question was kinda vague so I hope I answered it 🤣

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori 

It might be best to start a whole new thread with 'Spoilers' in the title. Something like "Survivor Season 40 Spoilers inside!" 

THIS.  I'm saying please don't do this.  Save this thread by changing the title, include to SURVIVOR SEASON 40 (spoilers optional, ad nauseum) like we've done it for years and I know it won't change the title of every post before it but if it changes it as it appears on the main page -- mission accomplished.

Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor Season 40 Weekly Thread! Spoilers included!

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori 

How's that?

Can't you just change the title of THIS thread you began to SURVIVOR SEASON 40.  Personally I never saw the need to add Spoilers since people know when the show airs and anyone clicking during the east cast airing knows they're risking spoiers.

But with or without spoilers, I'm saying you said start a whole new thread and I'm saying there are too many posts here already to lose all that and begin again so since you started it, we have to lose the other thread unfortunately but can you change the title of this one?

Your question was kinda vague so I hope I answered it 🤣

I changed the title on the main page so it shows up there, but the old title shows on new posts unless you manually change it as I did on this one. Having had a long history here, let me assure you that some posters get very upset if you post spoilers without using spoiler in the title. Even with spoiler in the title you'll get a few people who get upset. It's more of a problem in BB where stuff happens days before it's shown on TV, but even with regular programs some people get upset if they read a spoiler.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

As I recall G-Man posted a new thread for each week of Big Brother which I prefer. Project Runway has a new thread for each week too. That way those who read but don't sign in or missed a week can go to that thread and avoid scrolling through a boat load of posts they've already read or coming upon a spoiler for the most recent episode they've yet to watch.

There nothing to be gained by having one long thread for a once a week show.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

As I recall G-Man posted a new thread for each week of Big Brother which I prefer. Project Runway has a new thread for each week too. That way those who read but don't sign in or missed a week can go to that thread and avoid scrolling through a boat load of posts they've already read or coming upon a spoiler for the most recent episode they've yet to watch.

After so many pages I just don't bother reading anymore.  These monster threads are not worth it.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

For Big Brother I do a daily thread as stuff happens every day. People complained about longer threads so a daily thread works best for BB. For Survivor pretty much anything goes. It's a weekly show, but some weeks only one or two posts get made. A daily thread wouldn't work for Survivor, but either a weekly thread or a single thread works okay. It truly doesn't matter to me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman, we used to do weekly Survivor threads until the boards became a ghost town and then it became one long thread which you acknowledge yourself in the post to which I was responding which I copy again below. 

I have no stake in this other than some good posts were lost when you started a second thread and if a third is started more will be. 

But if you want to go back to weekly I don't care as long as I don't have to start them, especially since I'm not here regularly...

And while I haven't been here as long as you I've been here a long enough time to outlast many others.  I'm hardly here.  But I remember when your BB threads had mid-to-high five figures of views.

Your post to which I was responding follows.  I don't care what happens: