Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor is back tonight!

Survivor is a show that I have enjoyed for every one of its seasons.  Some have certainly been better than others, but it always holds my attention. 

It is mind boggling for me to understand how the contestants stand the elements and are constantly strategizing.  Having to endure some of the tropical storms for hours or days is incredible.

This season should have some really fun tribal councils.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

Oh good. All my Wednesday shows are done for this season,  Seal Team 6, Vikings just to name two. Thank you for posting .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Survivor is back with an all-star season! I'm not sure if that'll be good or bad, but we'll have to see. You just know a whole lot of private deals and arrangements were made before they ever got on the island. Some deals are kind of automatic like with Boston Rob and Amber. A married couple with both back is a real power couple on Survivor. You have to assume they won't turn on one another. They have to assume they'll be big targets, so they're apt to be looking for allies. Do you join with them, or try to take them down? 

It's going to be tough as viewers to know who's truly allied with who as they've all had some contact with each other over the years and almost certainly made deals once they knew they were coming back...

It should be a fun season. It may be a bit confusing and confounding, but we'll have to see. Anyway, I'll be watching....

Pre-season I posted about how alliances are always made ahead of time with returnees -- but they're the toughest players and they will break their alliances in a heartbeat and break other peoples.  That's already been shown.  Rob and Amber both said they would shove the other one off if it benefited them and I believe them, they're so competitive.

Like LeBron playing Carmelo (when CA was playing his best), they're best friends off the court but high-level Hall of Fame competitors on it and there's a zillion examples in sports, be besties off the field but go for the WIN on the field.

That's how this season will be.  Not saying that because I know the boot order because I have no idea HOW that happens only that it happens.

But as I said before the season and watching the special last week I was reminded, there are no alliances and that's how they got the million(s).

ETA:  Show's over and the alliances are SO obvious.  Love it!  Not who got the boot second episode but I wouldn't ever count that person out.

Honored Contributor

Freaking me out that Rob's hair is gray and Ethan's, some of the women have had so much cosmetic surgery I'm having trouble recognizing them.  Brings home how old and long-lasting this show is.  One bad idea or three cannot kill the show.

And I'm LOVING the oldies complaining about how the newbs play. I'm thinking all of us who have been there since day one agree!  They're speaking our minds too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Not a spoiler but from the first hour pre-show alliances have come back to bite.  Boy did they mess up.  Might as well have had tee shirts on that said we're in an alliance.  How'd that work out LOL?

Respected Contributor

I don't care for the losers getting sent off to the island to have a chance at getting back in the game.  And now with all these fire tokens and idols and such being passed on, how do they get passed on?  Does one of the staff come in the night and slip the items into their Survivor bags?  They're obviously coming up with them somehow.  How did Sandra get an immunity idol slipped into her bag?  Did I doze off and miss something?

I wish when they are voted out they are voted out and gone.  Get back to the basics without all this trickery.  However, I'll keep watching.  Guess I'll just have to accept this game of play and get used to it.  Yes, the game sure has changed over the years.  They're foolish for not voting out either Rob or Sandra.  Really foolish.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I suspect Sandra got handed the idol at their "Jungle confessional" set. That seems to be where most of the production/cast direct interactions take place. If you're a Big Brother fan, think of it as the BB Diary Room. It's an apparently private place where the players can talk about their plans without fear of being overheard. If I was on Survivor, one of my early goals would be to try and find that location and find a way I could get close enough to eavesdrop, if possible. (There are probably rules preventing that however.)

I think they evicted two likely non-winners instead of two real threats. When you get a shot to take out a big gun, you need to take that shot. While they're all past winners, some eked out a win while others dominated. I'd be targeting the dominant players. In my opinion, they didn't do that last night. Each week you leave the dominant players in the game, the harder it becomes to get rid of them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It seems to me that Amber was the one saying Sandra needs to go & no one was listening to her.

I don't think Rob & Amber are doing the things they were telling  the players to do last season except for listening.

Respected Contributor

CBS has a good coupon for 20% off and I finally ordered some socks and a little bag. I wanted the buff but its kind of expensive and I will use the socks and bag a lot more.

Survivor40 is the coupon.

I have seen every season since they started...

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Is there a thread to discuss last nights opener? I want to put my 2 cents in...