Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

On 11/10/2014 i like celery said:

Lori, I hope you will read this post with an open mind, and without seeing any ill will, as that is not my intent. With all due respect, your post #16 seems a little hypocritical because of the Amanda Bynes thread. You stated you didn't understand why that particular thread was posted in the TV forum, and also that it should't be posted. It does belong in the TV forum b/c Amanda Bynes was a longtime TV actress with several series, as well as films. You, also, said there were never Off Topic threads in the TV forum. There have been a few on occasion, and there currently is one, which BTW, I don't mind at all. You were trying to tell posters what they could and could not post/discuss. Again, with all due respect, you could have followed your own advice from #16, and "pretended not to see" and/or ignored the Amanda Bynes thread, as the subject was clearly marked in the thread title. I understand there was also an issue that some people have with discussing mental illness, and as I previously mentioned in the Amanda Bynes thread, I really do appreciate that. But no one should be intimidated by others into not posting their opinion/feelings on something, as long as they aren't being disparaging, belittling, etc. No one other than QVC should be stating what can or cannot be posted. BTW, everyone on that thread was very empathetic to what Amanda Bynes is going through, and wishing only the best for her. I know there were issues with posts discussing Amanda's previous diagnosis, which was public record. I really don't want to rehash that, and hope we can all agree to disagree on that aspect. The real issue is that people were trying to tell others what could and could not be posted, and to be honest, it wasn't done in a gentle manner. It just seems contradictory to state what you have stated to Annabelle about ignoring certain threads, and Off Topic threads in general.

I understand you are upset with Annabelle b/c of a couple of requests by her to designate when a thread is Off Topic. It's just my impression, but I think perhaps Annabelle may have just wanted to keep things consistent in regards to Off Topic threads, after the issue was brought up in the Amanda Bynes thread (she was a poster in that thread, too). She, also, may have seen your comment in another thread about a daughter of one of The Real Housewives, and how you felt the thread shouldn't have been posted in the TV forum. It's just my impression, but I don't think Annabelle was trying to intentionally be difficult or "start something" with her requests. She probably shouldn't have requested, but I don't think she meant to be negative. Just a guess on my part, of course.

Now I have to worry about possibly being attacked by what I've said in this post, which is a little sad. I remember in the BB thread it was mentioned (and agreed by others) that people should try to talk things out and work to resolve issues (in the forums), without the fear of being jumped on, yelled at, talked about in other threads, etc. I hope that can be done in this case.

Peace to everyone.

Sorry to copy a long post, but Celery, let's be honest, you have a habit of saying things and then deleting them.

I did not post on the Amanda Bynes thread about the content, although I made no secret that I thought the post was coming from a less than caring place about Amanda Bynes. I did not post on the Gia Giudice thread about the content until I SAW THE LIGHT and then I did. It's called learning new things, changing my mind, ADMITTING I WAS WRONG.

What I saw at first were people from Viewpoints suddenly being drawn to two controversial threads on the TV forum. This place is not Viewpoints. I'm not going to insult Viewpoints because some people post there -- but everyone has to admit it's an extremely contentious place and this forum never has been.

I'm sorry Annabelle took my post wrong. IAm has perfectly described my tone. I think I'll post to her separately.

I'll tell you why I don't like you, because I'm a straight shooter: You took over the philosophy forum, mostly by googling stuff. Unlike your predecessors, MathProf and Daisy, you did not know inside and out the ingredient decks, the proper combinations, the way things should be. Based on a thin stream of info you just came in and took over.

Then you started posting on BB and wondered why you didn't get a bigger welcome: You did the same thing. I kindly told you about Jokers. Next thing you're posting updates from Jokers and trying to be "the" person when it's Gardenman's thread and has been since before my time. You were trying to take over, again. You were trying to outdo Gardenman.

So I guess we both have (different) control issues. But I'm never going to see the equivalency in someone's started because we were accused of being bigots on the BB thread, and then lets out her husband is dying, which he later did -- and a couple of posters from Viewpoints coming over here because maybe they didn't get a bite there? Have they posted since? Or was it a drive by?

Phew. Got a lot off my chest.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

On 11/9/2014 annabellethecat said:

EXCUSE ME. I'm not your sweetie or anyone else's sweetie. Please do not be so condescending.

This thread is not called "Danky". Please read the top of this post.

If this is the way this TV forum is going to go. I refuse to argue about this.

I am dealing with cancer and other problems. I DO NOT need to have someone like you tell me to click my heels.

What an ignorant person you are to talk to someone (anyone like that).

Annabelle, IAm is right, it was not meant in a condescending way but rather an affectionate way. I, at least, and I know some others, form vague impressions about different posters and mine about you is very affectionate. I think you're adorable. If that's condescending, shoot me.

I am sorry about your cancer. And I mean it and I hope you can in time use the two words I get to use: CANCER SURVIVOR. I want that for you. I'm not being condescending, I genuinely care.

The "click your heels" was a joke. You took it all, all wrong. IAm is right about that's how I post. I could get others to come and vouch for that if you don't believe me.

I can't even believe you're so upset about this. Especially when we want the same thing: For TV Talk not to turn into Viewpoints.

I honestly don't mind that you called me "Ignorant" so you picked the right person. If that's what you think so be it. Or maybe you've slept on it, I don't know. But we want the same thing! No one knew Danky would take off the way it has. But it has. It's not going anywhere.

I hope you are not either. I really enjoy your posts. In fact I read them even when I don't watch the show because I like the way you write and I like how direct you are and I'm sorry you have cancer and I hope you stay.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,839
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

On 11/10/2014 LoriLori said:
On 11/9/2014 annabellethecat said:

EXCUSE ME. I'm not your sweetie or anyone else's sweetie. Please do not be so condescending.

This thread is not called "Danky". Please read the top of this post.

If this is the way this TV forum is going to go. I refuse to argue about this.

I am dealing with cancer and other problems. I DO NOT need to have someone like you tell me to click my heels.

What an ignorant person you are to talk to someone (anyone like that).

Annabelle, IAm is right, it was not meant in a condescending way but rather an affectionate way. I, at least, and I know some others, form vague impressions about different posters and mine about you is very affectionate. I think you're adorable. If that's condescending, shoot me.

I am sorry about your cancer. And I mean it and I hope you can in time use the two words I get to use: CANCER SURVIVOR. I want that for you. I'm not being condescending, I genuinely care.

The "click your heels" was a joke. You took it all, all wrong. IAm is right about that's how I post. I could get others to come and vouch for that if you don't believe me.

I can't even believe you're so upset about this. Especially when we want the same thing: For TV Talk not to turn into Viewpoints.

I honestly don't mind that you called me "Ignorant" so you picked the right person. If that's what you think so be it. Or maybe you've slept on it, I don't know. But we want the same thing! No one knew Danky would take off the way it has. But it has. It's not going anywhere.

I hope you are not either. I really enjoy your posts. In fact I read them even when I don't watch the show because I like the way you write and I like how direct you are and I'm sorry you have cancer and I hope you stay.

Thyroid is another one of our many hormones along with our adrenals they can really mess up our emotions Pardon me, Annabel but you are a sweet & caring person...

If I recall "click your heels twice" means like magic as in that commercial a young girl can't wait to get home for the holidays home cooking so she clicks her heels twice to fly home ect. Annabel you have many cyber friends cheering for you.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,706
Registered: ‎06-23-2010

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

Lori, I have no idea what you are talking about with your statement of "habit of saying things and deleting them." Ridiculous. I deleted one comment on the Bynes thread, and replaced it with "never mind/not worth it." Finding out what you're referring to isn't worth it to me, either. You really do hold onto a grudge - your anger towards me from the Philosophy forum was from years ago, and your perception of me from years ago is as inaccurate as your perception of me now. That's okay because I doubt you would think my perception of you is accurate. Your comments that I "take over" and "try to be the person" says more about you than me. I don't care to discuss anything further. There really isn't a point. I hope you can agree to let things go, and avoid each other. Have a good week.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,391
Registered: ‎09-30-2012

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

On 11/10/2014 i like celery said:

Lori, I have no idea what you are talking about with your statement of "habit of saying things and deleting them." Ridiculous. I deleted one comment on the Bynes thread, and replaced it with "never mind/not worth it." Finding out what you're referring to isn't worth it to me, either. You really do hold onto a grudge - your anger towards me from the Philosophy forum was from years ago, and your perception of me from years ago is as inaccurate as your perception of me now. That's okay because I doubt you would think my perception of you is accurate. Your comments that I "take over" and "try to be the person" says more about you than me. I don't care to discuss anything further. There really isn't a point. I hope you can agree to let things go, and avoid each other. Have a good week.

Admitting I have no idea what this is about, but wanted to say hello to you. I saw your other post waving back to me. Thank you. (((hugs)))

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,706
Registered: ‎06-23-2010

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

(((hugs))) back to you, HisElk. I need to go back to the Rosehip Oil thread to learn more about it. "See" you later. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,391
Registered: ‎09-30-2012

Re: Survivor: SanJuan del Sur - Wed 11/5

On 11/10/2014 i like celery said:

(((hugs))) back to you, HisElk. I need to go back to the Rosehip Oil thread to learn more about it. "See" you later. :-)

LOL, thanks for jogging my memory; I couldn't recall what forum you waved at me. Ugh. Take care.