Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

Just my opinion. He may have won, but that's 40 days he will never get back to spend with his Mother.

He knew she was terminal when he signed up. To me, it would have been more honorable to play in her memory after she passed. But that's just me.

@nun ya  -  I completely agree.  He had the opportunity from Survivor to come back later and play.  Considering travel time, he was gone more than 40 days.  I'd give anything in the world to have 40 more days of time with my mom. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor (SPOILERS)

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

I agree with everyone.  As the days have passed more and more I can see Ken's miserable face in the reunion and I feel bad for him.  Would he have beaten David?  I'm honestly not sure, what do people think?

FYI I posted upthread that Adam should not have been fooled by the idol because it had no paper with it.  Now thanks to people with much bigger teevees than mine, we now know it did!   David saved the paper from one of the idols he found and tucked it in with the fake. 

@LoriLori-  My husband and I have discussed this too.  If Ken, David, and Hannah had gone to the jury, I'm not sure if Ken or David would have won.  I believe Brett, Sunday, and Chris were against Ken.  I think Ken would have gotten some votes because he'd been loyal and not voted out David, and he could win challenges.  Maybe at that point, Ken could have won?  I think Hannah had exhausted everyone on the jury with her flipflopping, and she still probably wouldn't have gotten any votes. David was the underdog and I believe he could have given a very good speech at FTC, so maybe he could have won?  I believe votes would have been split between Ken & David and the game would have been very close. 

I don't like the use of sob stories to garner votes; to me that is not outwitting someone.  Making a fake immunity idol is outwitting someone.  Survivor is a raw, harsh game, but please stop bringing along all the bad things of your life to the island or FTC.  I'm sad for Adam, but I don't like the direction Survivor is moving to over the last few seasons.  At this point, I don't know if I'll watch anymore, it's become predictable at the end.  Saddest life story = the million dollar winner.  That's not the type of reality game I want to watch.

Honored Contributor

i dont MIND adam winning, but i really did want ken to win. i am glad that hannah didnt win. i was SHOCKED by the voting really......cannot believe he received every single vote.

i wonder if it would be a good idea to have EVERYONE voted off be on the jury?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I didn't want Adam to win. As to Ken, had he lost to David he could have shown his daughter that honor, keeping promises, that your word means something is worth more than a million dollars and it is. Now he's shown her that her father is less than she though he was. 

I'm ashamed of the jury, somehow they got confused about what Survivor is. It's  not the old Queen for a Day where the best sob story wins.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88, I completely agree.  Give a million dollars vs. forty more days with my dad or sister I wouldn't think twice, I would not take the money.

@occasionalrain, I don't think Ken was dishonorable, putting his daughter first.

Last season's winner, Michelle, did not have a sob story.  Most of them don't.  But tribal has changed, a lot of things have changed since Probst got that talk show that was cancelled.  It's all too touchy-feely. 

Even him offering to marry Figtayls at tribal, it was stupid, it's not what the show is for.  And I wonder if he knew Taylor had a pregnant girlfriend at home.  It was embarrassing for Figgy, I know she did it to herself but still, and that's all he talked about with her at the reunion.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@IlliniGirl88, I completely agree.  Give a million dollars vs. forty more days with my dad or sister I wouldn't think twice, I would not take the money.

@occasionalrain, I don't think Ken was dishonorable, putting his daughter first.

Last season's winner, Michelle, did not have a sob story.  Most of them don't.  But tribal has changed, a lot of things have changed since Probst got that talk show that was cancelled.  It's all too touchy-feely. 

Even him offering to marry Figtayls at tribal, it was stupid, it's not what the show is for.  And I wonder if he knew Taylor had a pregnant girlfriend at home.  It was embarrassing for Figgy, I know she did it to herself but still, and that's all he talked about with her at the reunion.

@LoriLori  -  Jeff's talk show was AWFUL, definately too touchy-feely.  I think I saw two or three shows and he just wasn't a good talk show host at all. 

That was definately awkward concerning Figtayls.  We wondered too if he knew his GF was pregnant and then messing around on the island. 

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't  have  mattered to Taylor that his girlfriend was pregnant, stealing food was an indication of his character or lack thereof.

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for Adam or his constant whining and sobbing.  I doubt I'm gonna remember him in a couple of seasons.  He and that loud mouth Mike from a couple seasons back will be my least favorite winners.