Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

coming this fall......SURVIVOR ISLAND OF THE IDOLS.

does anyone think that there could be a twist eventually and that rob and sandra MIGHT come back into the game at some point?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

coming this fall......SURVIVOR ISLAND OF THE IDOLS.

does anyone think that there could be a twist eventually and that rob and sandra MIGHT come back into the game at some point?

Almost certainly. That's the way it's been done on Big Brother when they've had coaches. At the midway point the coaches hop in the game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman   @CelticCrafter   @sunshine45   @occasionalrain  

(sorry if I missed someone)

This is from Inside Survivor's Redmond (who knows what he's talking about but never just spills, some of this he said a while ago, now he's saying more). 

Sandra and Rob will be living together on a separate island. 

Some of the idols and advantages will send players to that island to get advice from them.   They may have to do little challenges for Rob and Sandra to get that advice, he's not saying for sure.   For at least part of the game Rob and Sandra are meant to be kept a secret to players who haven't seen them.  

He says Rob and Sandra are getting paid well and aren't likely to join the game.  

The good news is:

Anyone who is eliminated will not have a chance to get back in.

The rest makes no sense.  How can they give advice on a game they can't see when they don't know the other players?  Redmond's not saying.. Maybe they can watch feeds?  IMO that would be interesting.

I don't recommend poking around unless you want to run smack into spoilers for season 40.  They're everywhere including in season 39 posts, grrrrrrr.  I ran into something I really wish I didn't know.  Oh well.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

i definitely dont go looking for information regarding seasons.

i even managed to wait until saturday to find out the winner by watching the entire show. Smiley Wink

i like watching what is happening, but not necessarily reading anything that spoils what i have not watched yet. each day that goes by though i know i run the risk of seeing something.

not counting out rob and sandra coming back into the game......either to play OR as part of the jury? lots of possibilites. wont rule out people coming back into the game in some way......even if there is no extinction island.

again......fun season! thanks for hosting the threads!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

I don't like spoilers either but this isn't spoilers, people were curious about the format and so was I and I went looking and thought I'd share.  The cast list for 40 is also too spoiler-y for me and I wish I never saw it.

I don't want to ever know who wins or the boot orders.  The season Russell spoiled everywhere I stopped reading Sux and Inside Survivor because I ran into that one, a lot of people did, and Russell was banned from the show.

Redmond didn't say Rob and Sandra won't be on the jury.  He didn't have an answer for that.  He said they're not playing for the million.

Honored Contributor

Oh and @sunshine45  you're welcome for the threads, I love doing it, it's my favorite show and thanks also go to @DrKelli who got us going with #1.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

It is questionable how Rob and Sandra can give advice without knowing exactly what's going on. There are no live feeds or unmanned cameras in Survivor, or haven't been. Even if there were, with multiple tribes keeping up with everything among every tribe and alliance would be nearly impossible. Even with BB with live feeds lots of stuff gets missed. With more players spread out all over the place, often in small subgroups, keeping track would be nearly impossible. Unless the advice is the most generic stuff possible, it's hard to see how it could really help someone. Maybe they get a briefing from production before talking to the players?

Rob and Sandra "aren't likely" to rejoin the game means it's not impossible. Maybe they're given a choice? Keep your big payday or throw it away for a shot at the million, but if you join the game, you lose the guaranteed money and will likely be a big target? That could challenge them a bit.

The cast list for Survivor 40 is now public. It's going to be an olderish cast.

Spoiler
Rob and Sandra are in that cast, so probably not playing in season 39.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  people were flipping on that Reddit about the BB Coaches season and them joining the game and he pointed out that this (two winners on an island giving advice) was done in another country's Survivor and that they're getting paid a lot.  When asked about jury he didn't answer.  So I trust him, he's got a pipeline.

The Season 40 Winners cast, like I said, is everywhere but it does not make me happy so I didn't post it. 

I hope we don't get two back-to-back bad seasons which it sounds like.  Since it debuted I've never had two seasons I didn't like, and I don't watch that many shows and this is my favorite.

Between 39 and 40 the only thing that makes me happy is that on 39 at last no eliminated player comes back. 

The rest does not sound good no matter whether they set up feeds like in another country or have them spying in trees or whatever.  Not excited at all.

Honored Contributor

i have been hoping for an "olderish" cast!

too many 20 somethings and 30 somethings lately.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Spoiler

Not probably, definitely.  Redmond said they're being paid for Island of the Idols.... And then on 40 with people knowing that, they'll probably be voted out very quickly.  Sandra can't possibly  hypnotize people a third time!