Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@gardenman 

I forgot to mention that in Game Changers there was an advantage or reward, I forget which, in which someone forgettable won a boat ride with Cochran where he gave her game advice.  It was his only appearance and it didn't do her much good, she didn't last long. 

That may have been the inspiration or the other country's advisor season or both.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I'm not thrilled about the idea of bring back Boston Rob and Sandra.  Will they be acting as mentors?  Didn't quite get the whole new season theme cept for other than those 2 it will be a completely new cast.  Will one lead one team and the other a second team?

I liked Boston Rob way back when, never cared much for Sandra but I think they have both been on enough, why are they coming back AGAIN?  Are they still that popular?

I am with  you.....only saw Sandra the one time and i didn't care for her......this new show concept sounds pretty lame..................i always say...if it ain't broke ...don't fix it!!!.............now it seems like it will be teams among teams, etc...too much................even extinction island i thought this year wasn't that necessary.....  ...Although Chris i am sure was happy...............

Esteemed Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

I know I am the only one but I am happy Devens did not win. I really dislike him & was hoping almost anyone but him would win.

Just curious as to WHY?

I actually thought he played the game the best i have seen over the last few years......Chris was actually my second favorite....so even though i felt Devens earned it more.......i was ok with Chris winning...

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori , I just wanted to let you know I read your post regarding Sia gifting money to players. I'm not going to go point by point--I could if you want me to but the issue at hand doesn't seem to warrant it--and, while I think you've really thought through and shared your feelings, I still don't agree. And that's okay! Friends often have different opinions about things but that doesn't make them any less friends. After all these years posting with you I think I know you well enough to say you feel the same and if not you'll let me know! Which, btw, is one of the many things I admire about you.

My reason for even mentioning it again was to let you know I saw what you posted to me and appreciate that you took the time to explain why you feel the way you do. Also, I want to thank both you and @DrKelli for making these threads. It's been such a fun season and I've really had a good time reading everyone's comments.

I'm already looking forward to the next one. It seems it can't get here too soon for many of us! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman 

Spoiler

Not probably, definitely.  Redmond said they're being paid for Island of the Idols.... And then on 40 with people knowing that, they'll probably be voted out very quickly.  Sandra can't possibly  hypnotize people a third time!

Players do strange stuff. If they view your hypnotist as being less of a threat she might just pull it off a third time. You never know. That's why it's fun to watch. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Heart

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I am soooooo curious how much of the Extinction Island content they aired on CBS All-Access.  I'm afraid if it went well on CBS All Access (where they can count heads) next season they will move Ponderosa there.

@LoriLori 

I just signed back up for CBS All Access for BB and there's a ton of Survivor content from Edge of Extinction Island and the Ponderosa. I watched Lauren joining the group at Ponderosa and that was pretty funny. They showed her getting checked out by the doc first. She lost eleven plus pounds, then there's a big mirror just outside Ponderosa where they see themselves for the first time. Then food, lots and lots of food.

There are dozens (maybe a hundred or more?) clips on All Access. Some from the big island, some from Extinction island, some from Ponderosa. If there's anything or anyone specific you're interested in let me know. There's a lot of stuff there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman , thank you.  Once a season is done I'm over it, it goes into the files in my head.  I might have wanted to see Joe but I'm not paying CBS for access to anything.  It was very thoughtful of you to tell me and I wish you and your BB fans a great season.