Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@Mersha 

While I'm glad Devens got the $100,000 I have a problem with Sia (though I love her music) giving the prize.  She's a wealthy private citizen who happens to be good friends with Probst.  To me that's not fair.

They should bring back Fan Favorite, Devens would have won by a ton.  That would be fair.  

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Survivor is already renewed for 2020-2021.  They've reserved the accomodations on Fiji's Mamanuca Islands through the 2020-2021 season and in a Reddit a casting department assistant (because unlike BB, Survivor has in-house casting) said the whole department is coming back to work in the fall.

I think as long as Probst wants to host the show will continue.

And it's not moving to All Access this year or next.  If the BB All Access season was a big success they would have moved that show first, it's got a much smaller but very loyal audience.  

(As for me I missed a season of BB and realized I didn't miss it so that's why I don't watch anymore.)

Respected Contributor

Deven earned his right of way to be in the final 3.

Chris knew if Devin sat at the final, his chances of winning were slim. So by doing fire with each other he was either going to win or loose that way against Deven, then at final. He did not think the other two would have won against Deven making fire. If he lost to Deven, Deven would have won against the other two. Chris knew he could win against the other two.

Julie and Gavin did not deserve to win. Gavin was so full of himself. It seemed as though he really thought he would win.

Honored Contributor

Sea also gave $15k to Aurora and 15k to Joe for cutting and donating his hair to charity. Joe looks older in the after picture.

Respected Contributor

I know I am the only one but I am happy Devens did not win. I really dislike him & was hoping almost anyone but him would win.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Sea also gave $15k to Aurora and 15k to Joe for cutting and donating his hair to charity. Joe looks older in the after picture.

Joe did not take the money, it's going to charity  

She also gave Aurora $15,000 "just for making it through foster care"

She first gave on stage, and I remember this well because she was still wearing the face wig -- to Season 32 (Kao Rong)'s Tai the very sweet guy who saved the chickens.  She gave him $50,000 on stage...

...and I was annoyed.  Now I poked around and learned she gave money to Donathan from Ghost Island and Davie from David vs. Goliath.  She's probably given more but I'm done looking.  

It makes one wonder if people are now also playing for money from Sia.  Wendy comes to mind (Tai got money for saving the chickens) but she's far from the only one in the last seven seasons.   

I love Survivor so much and this is bad.  Probst and CBS should never have allowed it.  She should not be allowed to pick favorites and she should be made to give privately.

Esteemed Contributor

EOE just didn’t work for me. Devins kept it from being a total bust. I found him entertaining and likable.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I was so happy to hear that Boston Rob will be on the next Survivor. He was one of my favorites! 

Esteemed Contributor

I knew I wanted Devens to win but didn't realize how badly until I saw who the final 3 were. Having Chris win (it just took me a sec to even remember his name) felt like walking though a crowd and seeing your 2nd cousin twice removed in the distance. You know they look kind of familiar but it's hard to be sure when you only see them every 5th Thanksgiving or so. 

To be fair to Chris, he did the best with the hand he was dealt and he did well to challenge Rick in making fire. He would have been sure to lose to him if he hadn't. I hope Chris thanked Kelley for letting everyone on Extinction Island know Lauren had an idol--he played that perfectly. The irony was that Kelley had been her closest ally. Whomp whomp...

@LoriLori  I disagree about Sia. I don't see any problem with her giving money to the cast and Devens was very deserving. I like that she's generous and whether they're getting $ for being the sole Survivor or being Sia's favorite it makes no difference to me. If her contributions were in some way affecting the outcome of the game I'd feel differently but I don't believe that's the case. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know the haircut has been mentioned but did you all see Joe’s photo since the cut? Pompadour I think is the style he has now.