Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

Devens deserved to win. Chris sat on an island for 20 some days, He didn't have to do challenges or go to tribal. He also didn't make any enemies by voting them out.

If he gave away his necklace to Julie, then she should have been the one to pick who sits beside her and who makes fire. 

I'm surprised the jury voted him to win.

Honored Contributor

I really wanted Devens to win.  He worked so hard at finding idols and winning challenges.  But that's Survivor!

Joe did cut his hair last night.  I saw it on Instagram this morning.  I think he looks better!

Respected Contributor

Yes, Devens should have been the winner, but he wasn't.  Why on earth did Lauren give her idol to Chris?  I'm glad out of the 3 Chris won.  He won the challenge to come back fair n square.  Who can concentrate w/Probts' continual commentary, can't he ever shut up?  just for a second or 2?  When Chris gave his idol to Julie and challenged Devens to a duel with making the fire, I figured, well, let the best man win.  And again Chris won fair n square.  That's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Interesting. CBS is doing their upfronts this week and didn't formally announce Survivor returning. It's still in the "Awaiting Decision" category along with "The Amazing Race" and "Celebrity Big Brother." This is probably just due to them not having a solid start date for it, but it's a bit odd. Could they be considering moving it to CBS All Access?

We know it's coming back as we've already seen Jeff promoting it last night and it's already beeen filmed, but where is it coming back? I find it nearly impossible to believe they'd move it off the flagship network, but who knows what network executives are thinking? Maybe they think it'll pull more customers to CBS All Access and make them more money there? It does create some programming issues for them on the flagship network as they have to plan around it and can't really show reruns of it. Hmm...that could be something to watch out for as the season goes on.

Would they move all of their hit reality shows to CBS All Access? With TAR, Survivor, Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, maybe another season of BB OTT, plus a new reality show or two (they just got the rights to "Love Island" a hit British show) they could pretty much have new programming every night on CBS All Access. Would they do that though? I doubt it, but who knows? We'll have to see what happens.

CBS All Access gets a membership boost each year from the Big Brother live feeds that then ends when the BB season ends. Maybe they're looking to lock in those viewers year-round?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

If you let them in, then don't give them an idol. That just made it too easy.

If you don't give them an idol you might as well not bother letting them back in because they're going right back out.  I thought that was fair -- and if it had been Joe I think a lot of people would have been very happy with the outcome.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was furious with Chris last night.  I wouldn't have voted for any of them--I would have put a big X on my ballot sheet.  I will say that Chris played the perfect social game in the 3 days he was back in the tribe and  he  may have even been a genius for what he did at the end, but Devens deserved that win.  The other 2 were floaters.  They had no game at all and the only reason they ended up in the final was because they were the goats and everyone knew they wouldn't win, so who wouldn't want to sit next to them.

Honored Contributor

@petepetey  They had coconut and rice at Extinction Island, they said so.  Each one gave an interview at Ponderosa and they're up at cbs.com now.

I wish someone here had CBS All Access so could confirm Extinction was shown on there.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli  I agree the other two were goats and I would put Lauren and Julie Victoria in there too.  

I was surprised Gavin got four votes until we saw who, three of four people who were bitter and angry at Chris:  Devens, Lauren, Kelley. 

I don't know why Aurora voted for Gavin and she wasn't given enough camera time at jury or on the finale IMO considering how well she performed all season.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised Devens voted for Gavin. 

Respected Contributor

Devens played an outstanding game and I was pulling for him to win.

On the positive side, he did win the $100,000 award for being the most entertaining player, which he clearly was.

Hopefully, he reap benefits from talking with Jeff at the finale and letting everyone know that he would be open to any offers for news anchor positions.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF