Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Of those left I'm rooting for Devens but he has little chance.  I said no chance and deleted it because you can't count this guy out, he's been a surprise even with his big mouth and "dad bod" (his words).  He puts on a good show.  

Lauren, Victoria, Gavin, Julie have thin resumes.  

Pretty sure never before on Survivor have alliances shifted so many times.  Epic season.

Which is why they'd be smart to take each other to the final three. You don't want Devens or whoever comes back from Extinction in the final three. If three of those four can make the finals any of them could win.

Yes but I don't think any of those four deserve the million.  You're right, it will likely be one of them, whoever comes in has to to win two immunities or Deven has to play the idol and win the next immunity.

Guess you're rooting for Lauren, Gardenman?  Smiley Wink

Pretty much from week one. Why stop now?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Rick is entertaining in a dull season. I am curious as to how they are going to tie extinction into the finale. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Rick is entertaining in a dull season. I am curious as to how they are going to tie extinction into the finale. 

They pretty much have to start Wednesday's show with someone from Extinction coming back. We know part of that comp will be a tangled rope comp where the players will have to get the rope unwrapped as Aubry won a practice session on such an apparatus. There will likely be a puzzle involved also as this has been a puzzle heavy season. Those tangled rope comps favor the smaller, more agile players. Puzzles favor the smarter players. Nothing favors Reem. She's the longest longshot to return from Extinction.

The returnee from Extinction will get us to six survivors, then we'll have to flush three more people. I'm assuming the returnee or Devens will be the easiest first target. Whichever of those doesn't win immunity will be gone unless Devens uses his idol. Then one of the other four, likely Julie, will be gone. At five is I believe the last time an idol can be played, so if Devens is still alive then, he'll need to win immunity after that to stay in the game. The vote at four is to eliminate the last big threat if possible. Right now it looks like Devens, Julie and the returnee would be the three of the six most likely to be voted off the island leaving Gavin, Victoria and Lauren as the final three, but immunity can affect that. None of those three have an impressive resume, so knowing who among them would win is a challenge. Getting to the final three though is a huge challenge and accomplishment. It should be a fun, though maybe frantic, show on Wednesday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Gavin has been playing everyone all along. He is the snake in the basket and is always just there in the shadows but pulling the puppet strings, and is someone who should have be gone. Not so nice a guy. Devan is so entertaining and I give his credit for all he has accomplished and played the game. It made everything interesting and annoying.

If there was a magic wand it would be to bring a hunk a hunk of Joe back to win! Fantasy Island return.

Honored Contributor

all caught up and still #teamdevens!

what a great episode that was!

my second choice would be julie from those remaining in the "regular game."

i would not mind joe coming back in to win it either.

i dont want lauren and i am pretty tired of her "rolling eyes" when those she doesnt like speaks. LOL

@LoriLori 

you said that devens knew about the "expired immunity" that he played?

did he say that? he looked pretty surprised when jeff told him it wasnt valid?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

all caught up and still #teamdevens!

what a great episode that was!

my second choice would be julie from those remaining in the "regular game."

i would not mind joe coming back in to win it either.

i dont want lauren and i am pretty tired of her "rolling eyes" when those she doesnt like speaks. LOL

@LoriLori 

you said that devens knew about the "expired immunity" that he played?

did he say that? he looked pretty surprised when jeff told him it wasnt valid?

In the beginning of that episode the guy with the expired immunity was gloating that the immunity had expired, but that Devens didn't know it, and Devens probably didn't know it had expired, but had doubts, but he found the second idol, so he was safe anyway. Devens thought he was safe (you can never really trust people though) and then knew he was safe once he found the idol.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

@gardenmanis right.  Devens got played.  Another delicious moment in a great season!  Not ready for it to end, especially considering who is still in the game.

Honored Contributor

Interesting. CBS is promoting the Survival finale as the most unpredictable in history. Logic would say that Devens, Julie and whoever rejoins the show from Extinction would be the three big targets. So, would Lauren, Gavin and Victoria not unite to vote one of them out? And then with one of them gone, why not pick off the others? Lauren might want to unite with Kelly again if she came back. That could upset things. Maybe David and Devens reconnect, but it's hard to imagine David earning his way back. Of course, no alliance has lasted long this year, so who knows? It'll be interesting to watch.

Lauren, Gavin and Victoria are nicely positioned to go to the end as long as they stick together. None is a sure winner over the others and all three would likely lose to a returning juror or Devens. Still, we've seen some weird stuff happen this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The season finale is tonight! Get your popcorn and snacks ready. A whole lot has to happen in a relatively short period of time. It should be a good one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

I'm so excited even though I only want Devens or the right Extinction person and they have little chance.  I'm hoping someone makes a bold move that makes me want their win more.

Anyway it's like holiday excitement for me.  My favorite show, the finale, and it won't be back until fall*. Yay and boo!