Esteemed Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

I feel like tonight's episode could have been called "The Devens Show." Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Next week's show will be a busy one. We're at five survivors now. They'll show the comp to bring someone back from Extinction which will bring us back to six players. Then they have to get down to the final three (or is it a final two this year?) and have the jury questions and a final vote. I'm guessing the Amazing Race will skip a week so Survivor can have the full three hours between eight and eleven for their finale. They'll need it. A whole lot of stuff will go down next Wednesday. 

Who comes back from Extinction? My money would be on Joe or Kelley, though Aurora is a possibility also. Pretty much everyone there has some shot at it. Will whoever comes back have an edge with the jury, since they've spent time, in some cases lots of time, with the jury? Would the jury prefer someone they knew better winning over someone who stayed in the game the whole time? Letting a juror return to the game this late is an interesting move. A smart player would have been ingratiating themselves with the jury while on the jury in case they got back in. (By the way, Joe still had his bottle on Extinction last night, so I guess he's just using it for a canteen.) Will those still in the game immediately target whoever returns fearing they've had time to influence the jury? Lots of interesting questions to start getting resolved next Wednesday. It should be a good show.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry, but I thought that was completely awesome last night.  It will be interesting next week to see what happens.  Now, I thought idols couldn't be played after a certain point.

Don't forget, we have a player on extinction who had an advantage with the upcoming challenge.  She got to practice with it?  At least that's what I think I remember.  I'm rooting for either Joe or Kelley to come back.

I thought it was a great show last night.  This season has been one of the better ones in a long time.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I'm sorry, but I thought that was completely awesome last night.  It will be interesting next week to see what happens.  Now, I thought idols couldn't be played after a certain point.

Don't forget, we have a player on extinction who had an advantage with the upcoming challenge.  She got to practice with it?  At least that's what I think I remember.  I'm rooting for either Joe or Kelley to come back.

I thought it was a great show last night.  This season has been one of the better ones in a long time.

@DrKelliI loved last nights show.  That was brilliant what Devens did.  I'm glad Aurora is out I never liked her.  I to am hoping Joe comes back.  

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

The last time idols and advantages can be played is final five.  Although since they introduced advantages most expire (or all? not sure) expire befoe that.

Honored Contributor

It must be a final three.  There's no time in two hours or a little more than that to eliminate someone, bring someone back, eliminate three more.  So that leaves us with three.

Interesting that the players knew when the Extinction Comp will take place.  No point in keeping it secret from them but I found it interesting.

Honored Contributor

Of those left I'm rooting for Devens but he has little chance.  I said no chance and deleted it because you can't count this guy out, he's been a surprise even with his big mouth and "dad bod" (his words).  He puts on a good show.  

Lauren, Victoria, Gavin, Julie have thin resumes.  

Pretty sure never before on Survivor have alliances shifted so many times.  Epic season.

Honored Contributor

Hoping for Joe or Kelley (who did you notice had her pink lipstick on again, this time at tribal?). And if they win maybe they can go home for a little rest and turn around and go back to Fiji for the 40th all-winners season.

Also hoping Rob does back-to-back seasons, since he's advising on 39 and I'd love him to play winners 40. But they have four daughters so maybe he can do 39 and then Amber can go do 40? She was a great player.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Of those left I'm rooting for Devens but he has little chance.  I said no chance and deleted it because you can't count this guy out, he's been a surprise even with his big mouth and "dad bod" (his words).  He puts on a good show.  

Pretty sure never before on Survivor have alliances shifted so many times.  Epic season.

Which is why they'd be smart to take each other to the final three. You don't want Devens or whoever comes back from Extinction in the final three. If three of those four can make the finals any of them could win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Which is why they'd be smart to take each other to the final three. You don't want Devens or whoever comes back from Extinction in the final three. If three of those four can make the finals any of them could win.

Yes but I don't think any of those four deserve the million.  You're right, it will likely be one of them, whoever comes in has to to win two immunities or Deven has to play the idol and win the next immunity.

Guess you're rooting for Lauren, Gardenman?  Smiley Wink