Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@SusieQ_2 

I think the leg finally turned the corner in March. For the first time in fourteen long months it started to feel better. It's been a very pleasant change. I was beginning to think it would stay the same forever, but it's finally feeling better. It's not right yet, but it's the closest it's been. Going down steps is still the hard thing. I don't really feel the quadricep muscle. (The quadricep is the big muscle on the front of the thigh.) It got harpooned by the broken shaft of the bone just above the knee and likely suffered some nerve damage. (There's still a big depression there where the bone nearly broke through.) When I go to go down steps, I can't feel the knee area moving and it either doesn't move or buckles completely. The quad is plenty strong, but I just can't feel what I need to feel to safely descend steps using that leg. I practice with it on the bottom step (less distance to fall if something goes disastrously wrong) but it just doesn't want to work right. Maybe one of every five tries it functions somewhat okay and I have some control, but most of the time it either doesn't move, or buckles. It should get better though. I keep working on it and it should improve.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori - I hadn't even thought about all of them converging on Ponderosa at once. Like you said, the poor chef! He's used to getting one of them at a time. I have to think that CBS would be thinking ahead enought to hire extra people to accomodate them. 

Don't worry, I won't hold you to these predictions. I know you're making guesses, albeit educated guesses with some research, but we're all just waiting to find out.

As to who would lose it...my money is on Reem! 

Verklempt is a funny word. I didn't even notice the spelling. I highlighted it to do a google search for the meaning and that's what it gave me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Reem can't lose what she doesn't have Smiley Happy

Have I mentioned I like to imagine Keith and Wendy in a crude hut somewhere on one of the islands.  Isolated.  No need for sound and camera people..  Maybe food dropped from a helicopter twice a day?  Heehee.  

I've imagined this since they left.  As the only quitters they didn't qualify for the great vacation pre-jury always gets. 

And as the only quitters I like to imagine them in very lean, mean circumstances, sick of one another, bickering constantly, and they are two bigmouths so each wishing the other would shut up already?  It's a very small hut.  Sleeping on cheap cots.  They're on each other's nerves 24/7 and ever so hungry for a decent meal.

Yes, I like to imagine that.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update on your leg @gardenman . I still get goosebumps when I read about the injury.

Fourteen months--that is a long time and especially when you're in pain or things aren't right. The only thing I can even remotely relate to that is having a couple of days where my back hurts and I get so impatient. It makes me realize how much of a whiner I am sometimes! You've really been through the wringer and it makes me so happy to read you've been feeling better recently. I bet it is a nice change!  Also good to hear you think it should get better as time goes on.  You definitely have lots of us rooting for you! 

Honored Contributor

Here's Dalton's interview with Jeff this week.  It's short and funny and insightful.  

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/02/survivor-jeff-probst-edge-of-extinction-episode-12-loved-ones/

Except he mentions at the end that next week is the next-to-last episode.  Now I'm crying. 

Darn!  Nooooooo!  And it's listed as a one-hour episode.   More more more!  That doesn't leave enough airtime for enough or any Ponderosa.  Edge of Extinction, don't go!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@LoriLori , that's a side of you we don't often see, lol. Those quitters are lucky you aren't in charge of them. They'd likely be put in stocks in the middle of the beach on Extinction and feed a crust of bread with a sip of dirty water to wash it down! I hear you though...it's such a disappointment to see someone just walk away. Especially with all the people who would love to have had the chance to be there. 

I agree about Reem. We didn't see much of her last night--just a shot of her head and she seemed to be smiling. I think she was enjoying the show Devens was giving them. He was smart to let the jury know about all the shenanigans going on back at camp with Aurora, Julie, and Ron. I don't know if it will help him in the end but at least Ron was exposed before joining the others at Extinction. 

Wow, next to the last episode? I don't want it to end either. I fear we're going to be going through withdrawals. Poor Lori...you really are verklempt! I hope I used that correctly. 

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman 

Glad to hear some good news about your leg.  Thoughts and prayers are with you that it continues to improve.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

Last night's show was great.  I also wish we'd see more of the people on Extinction but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen.  Still hoping for a Joe win but if he can't do it then I'm pulling for Devens.  He has grown on me and I really enjoy him.  Devens is going to have to find another idol or win the immunity challenge to get there but I think he can do it.  The only other person I remotely like is Gavin.

I'm bummed that we've been deprived of Ponderosa!

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I am not a fan of Lauren.  Why would you jump on your father and wrap your legs around him?  Yikes!!!  I'm liking Gavin, he's low key yet crafty at the same time. 

The intimate hug creeped me out too.

Honored Contributor

Kudos to Devens for staying alive despite everyone wanting him dead. Lauren looks pretty safe still. She still has her idol and good relationships with Gavin, Julie, and maybe Devens. I'm not sure where anyone's true loyalty lies, but with Devens and Lauren both having idols they should be reasonably safe. Next week is the finale with someone from Extinction coming back also. That should be fun.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!