Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

I'm Team Aurora.  I

I'm also totally Team Edge of Extinction.  What a season!  All the shifting alliances!  The blindsides. 

And that jury, they're hilarious, dirty and angry and growing week by week and every week a Greek Chorus at tribal.

I don't like Victoria or Julie but they're who you want to be next to at the end so I don't see them going anywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to @gardenman and @LoriLori  for helping us out with what the rules are regarding idol theft. I think if I was Devens I might just be inclined to search through everyone's bag, but then again that might put him even further in the doghouse with them--if that's possible.

Speaking of doghouse, thanks to @DrKelli for confirming what I thought I heard from Ron about being in charge. Too big for his britches is right, but the best part of your comment was you saying you said that to your dogs. I can totally relate, I do the same thing! Where would we be without our furry friends? Heart

G'man, I just wanted to say I hope you don't find my weird sense of humor offensive. I wouldn't tease you if I didn't think of you as a friend, someone I really enjoy posting with, and someone who has much knowledge about these reality competition shows. I hope we're on the same page but if my idea of fun isn't fun for you please feel free to say so. Smiley Happy

I don't know who I'm rooting for. I envy those of you who have a favorite. At this point I think (almost) any one of them is deserving. I do think I would be disappointed if Julie were to win and to a lessor degree Victoria. Of course now that I've seen her dad I kind of like her better. Haha-jk! 

Oh, @LoriLori , just want to add that I liked Devens' "report from the field" too. It took me a minute to catch on to what he was doing but once I did I was like hey, that was good! 

Honored Contributor

Hahahahaha, @SusieQ_2   @DrKelli 

Remember the episode titled "The Puppet Master" when Ron said he's The Puppet Master?  And then he was blindsided by who got voted out.  Hahahahahaha. 

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah-- @LoriLori , he obviously didn't learn anything from that.

BTW--I thought Deven's speech to Ron and Julie was on par with Sue's rat/snake speech from season 1.  I forgot to mention that this morning.

Honored Contributor

It was great.  So many great moments this season we're being spoiled!!!

I'm getting ver klempt about this jury.

Soon they're headed to Ponderosa to shower and have the chef make whatever they feel like eating, get their luxury item and put on their good clothes.  I'm wondering if that will change the dynamic in a similar way to how most people are slightly different in jeans than in a good suit or dress.

There will never be a jury like them.  Others may try but it won't be the same because they won't be The Great Unwashed.  I miss them already!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Tease me all you want. Nothing much bothers me. Rumor has it that I have a good sense of humor. When I first started posting stuff online, way, way back, I mostly posted on computing, sports and videogame forums where death threats were not uncommon. You either develop a thick skin, a good sense of humor, or never go online again. These forums are insanely tame to those.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

That's a good word, @LoriLori , and new one to me.

Verklempt: Overcome with emotion

Of course everyone else probably already knew the meaning. I learned another new word yesterday--ineffable. 

Ineffable: Too great or extreme to be expressed or described in words. 

Again, I may be the only one who didn't know that but whoever says social media is evil is wrong. My vocabulary is getting better everyday! Smiley Very Happy

When you say they'll be heading to Ponderosa soon does that mean they're going there once one them is back in the game? Wouldn't it be something if all those who don't make it had to stay on Extinction for the whole game--like no Ponderosa at all this season for those who chose to take the 2nd chance? I guess that's not happening. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman , I think it's more than rumor about you having a sense of humor. If you can put up with me it has to be true. Smiley Very Happy

Those other forums sound crazy. I don't think I'd last long! 

Other than the threat of pulling your leg there will no threats of physical violence from me. Now that I think about it, that could be seen as kind of insensitive considering all you've been through but, to me, it's a nod to the fact that you're doing so much better. You know I'd never really do it!

I think about your leg a lot when we post and I hope that every day is getting easier for you. Thanks for being such a good guy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

I'm assuming they're going to Ponderosa.  And I hope CBS doesn't keep it to All Access like they have Extinction.  Imagine the line for the showers!  Imagine everyone barking orders at the chef at one time!  Haha!  

I could be wrong.  I could also be wrong about the luxury item since ahem Kelly Wentworth had pink lipstick on in one or two scenes at Extinction but returnees sometimes get more than just more money.  I think it was Gardenman who said Joe had something too.

I'll lose it if they don't give us Ponderosa for free.  They'll lose it if they don't get to go to Ponderosa and have to spend every single day on Extinction!  Somebody or a bunch of somebodies will lose it.  Who will it be?

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Verklempt (thanks for the correct spelling):

Michael Myers used to do a skit on SNL where he was host of a talk show called Coffee Talk (pronounced the NY way, my way, Cawfee Tawk) Linda Richman, a satire of a Jewish woman -- originally based on his own mother-in-law -- and he would always say, "Oh, I'm so verklempt."  It was very funny.