Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@LoriLori 

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman  I don't think they would do well as caged Afghanimals!

LOL! All of which would make them more fun to watch!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Casting talk reminds me:

@DrKellihas your friend gone away?  Since they're doing 39 now and 40 is all winners if he's in he's been gone about a month.

@LoriLori, he's in Costa Rica on vacation.  At least that's what his facebook pictures say.

And I HATE when they do all returnees.  It is so boring.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

From what I read Probst was against it.  If it's true (but I always check multiple sources although sometimes one makes it up and the other two use it, sigh). 

Your friend has been in Costa Rica how long...?  39 is the "advisors."  This is exciting, if he's been gone a month maybe he got on the show!  Fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I was surprised it took them this long to do it. Wonder when they will let the people on Extinction battle it out to get back in the game?  I guess they are all the jury also. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

That Reem cracks me up. I look forward every week to what snarly greeting she's going to deliver to the newest arrival on Extinction Island. 

She's mean.

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC  come out and talk with us, tell us what you think!

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

I was surprised it took them this long to do it. Wonder when they will let the people on Extinction battle it out to get back in the game?  I guess they are all the jury also. 

They are the jury and I read when it's final five back at camp but that could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori , I think this is the second week.  I thought the same thing as you--if he is on vacation for a long period of time, he's probably made the cast.  He's posted several pictures of his friends and him, so I think he's on vacation.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

That Reem cracks me up. I look forward every week to what snarly greeting she's going to deliver to the newest arrival on Extinction Island. 

She's mean.

@CelticCrafter  

She's beyond mean. I can't believe one of them hasn't gone off on her. I didn't mean that she cracks me up in a good way. I can't believe some of the nastiness that comes out of her mouth.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know from the names--Maddog, Baddog, etc--that I'm in the minority of those sad to see The Wardog sent to Extinction. I didn't especially want him to win but only because I think he performed pretty poorly in challenges. Strategically, however, I think an argument can be made for his ability to pull unlikely groups of people together and get them to do his bidding. I really enjoyed that side of his game and will miss him. He was a bit of a character and his voice always made me smile. So long Dog! Smiley Sad

My 2nd unpopular opinion (maybe) is that I'm beginning to like Aurora. Yes, she's starting to grow on me. That's a weird saying, right? Who would want someone to grow on them? 

Anyway, not her personality so much as she seems really rough around the edges but even that is becoming more interesting and she had a good night at Tribal in spite of getting two votes. I feel like she had a difficult upbringing but she pulled herself up by her bootstraps so much so that she became an attorney. That says a lot about her grit and determination and I think we see it from her in the challenges. She can really be a beast. That's the area where I felt The Wardog is lacking. He's physically big and strong, but challenge-wise he's more of a pussycat than a Wardog. 

@LoriLori , you mentioned that Kelley's emotional scene touched you. I felt the same. She's never really been a huge favorite of mine but I felt bad for her and thought this has to be rough for her on her 3rd try. But then came Tribal and all my love for Kelley went out the window. Her childish comments and goofy faces were something I might expect from a 12 year old but not from a seasoned player. I also thought she was way out of line when she showed up on Extinction and announced to everyone "I had an idol in my bag and Lauren has the other one!" It was not her place to tell that to anyone much less the group where one will be returning to the game. She needs a timeout, lol. Smiley Very Happy

All-in-all a great episode. I agree with those who think Reem is a major buzzkill. @shaggygirl  and @CelticCrafter are right...she's snarly and mean! If being a role model is her goal she may as well raise the while flag now because that ship has sailed. 

She should try to waive it down and take it to Ponderosa! 

Image result for waiving down a ship