Honored Contributor

Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

Many of you wanted War Dog gone.  You got your wish!

Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #3 - SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

Many of you wanted War Dog gone.  You got your wish!

All in all, a pretty good episode. The fact that Devens wasn't included in the vote and was the second vote for Aurora while everyone else voted to evict War Dog means he'll likely have to keep winning immunity to stay alive. One slip, and he's a goner.

Aurora is still in some trouble as is pretty much everyone at this stage of the game. Lauren seems like less of a target now somehow after being a target most of the first half of the game.

That fight to return to the game will be kind of intense when you see the caliber of players on Extinction. Reem probably should just raise the white flag now and head to the Ponderosa. The odds of her beating the rest of them are so remote as to be incalculable. I'd stand a better chance of rejoining the game and I wasn't even there. That's a pretty fearsome group on Extinction and Reem is by far, the least challenging of the group. Barring her getting some special prize that gives her a half hour head start, she's not going to rejoin the main group. 

If I was betting, I'd bet Devens will be the next person out, unless he wins immunity a third time in a row. Who's left that would want to be in an alliance with him? Everyone hung him out to dry this week and kept the vote from him. He's in big trouble. He won his way back once already and may need to do so again.

It's a pretty good season so far. I like it much more when we're down to one tribe like we are now. The smaller cast makes it easier to know who's who.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Some news:  This is not news, that Survivor is CBS's Fort Knox.  Season after season it delivers huge ratings and enormous profits for very low production costs. 

It always makes top 25 for the week in broad demos (which are the only ones the public can see; the ones media buyers use are extremely expensive and secret).

This week it's #2.  But that's nothing new, what is is --

-- it's pulled TAR into top 25 with it which is huge.  TAR never puts up numbers like that.  I'm confident that by the time TAR no longer has Survivor as lead-in, enough of the audience will be invested that the ratings will be okay.

And they have another season in the can.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

While you were posting what a good season I was putting up the info about the numbers.  

I get why Reem hasn't raised the white flag.  She can't be a quitter in the eyes of her kids.  That's not a good lesson for them.  I just wish with all the great people at Extinction they wouldn't give her any airtime.  Have we even once heard from Eric?  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

That Reem cracks me up. I look forward every week to what snarly greeting she's going to deliver to the newest arrival on Extinction Island. 

Honored Contributor

Seeing Wentworth crying, that touched me. Seeing Wentworth with pink lipstick on at Extinction, that confused me.

The people at camp have to know everyone on jury is still at Extinction.  They're not at all cleaned up like they would be at Ponderosa.  That has to worry them.

I've starting rooting for Aurora. She's a comp beast, pulling her tribes through to win, winning twice on her own and finishing second at least twice.

Aurora has made some stupid moves but so have most of the ones left, like Devens diarrhea of the mouth and Ron declaring himself The Puppet Master and Gavin's whole game.  Julie's done nothing and Lauren would be my second choice because she hasn't won immunity.  

In my heart I'm rooting for some people at Extinction but they've been doing nothing so in a way it wouldn't be fair and I don't think it will happen anyway.

Honored Contributor

News of season 39 (which has been taping for a month) and 40:

Season 39 will have Rob "Boston Rob" Mariano and Sandra Diaz-Twine as "advisors." 

From what I read (in three different places) they will not be eligile to win.  This could be not true because it raises questions like a tribe split into three and the merge.  Or it could be true, I loved the Coaches season of BB.

To celebrate Season 40 they will have all winners returning.  Same sources say Probst was against this, too many returnees, but network president gets final say.

Honored Contributor

It looks like they might be spoiling them a bit on Extinction. Joe was holding what looked like a half full wine bottle last night. Was it wine, or just an empty bottle he'd found and was using for water? Most of them have canteens for water, so that kind of stood out.

I understand Reem not quitting because of her kids, but the odds of her winning her way back against that group are largely incalculable. It's kind of like one person with a sharp stick trying to stop an invasion of highly armed soldiers. There's a difference between quitting and accepting reality.

I'm glad TAR is getting better ratings. CBS had it in a deadly time slot in recent years, so maybe Les Moonves moving on was good for TAR. Following Survivor certainly helps it. We've probably got about eight weeks of TAR left which should have it transitioning right into Big Brother.

The casting for BB is nearing the end now. Some semi-finalists have already been notified and at this stage of casting they're typically down to their top fifty or so. Those top fifty then head to LA for more interviews, exams, and sorting, then the top twenty or so will go into the hotel a week before entering the house for sequester and the final cast selection. The first show of BB should be around June 26th, and the players will go in about a week earlier. It would be interesting if they used a TAR team on  BB this season. The Afghanimals could be entertaining to watch in that type of setting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  I don't think they would do well as caged Afghanimals!

Honored Contributor

Casting talk reminds me:

@DrKelli has your friend gone away?  Since they're doing 39 now and 40 is all winners if he's in he's been gone about a month.