Esteemed Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

I think you're right G'man, he's a very aggressive player. I got distracted during the second half of the show and missed what his reasoning was for going after Kelley. Maybe he figured he needed to get her out while he had the chance. Maybe he felt like he wouldn't have a chance against her if they ended up in the finale together. Idk.

It's a shame she didn't use her idol. It almost looked like she was going to and then changed her mind. 

Honored Contributor

I cannot believe Kelly did not use her Idol.  It looked like she was going to reach for it and changed her mind.  

Devens' name keeps popping up, but he manages to make it.  I'm kind of rooting for him.  LOL

Honored Contributor

It's going to be epic whenever they decide who is coming back from Extinction.  There's a lot of strong and determined players there right now.   

I cannot wait...

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

It's going to be epic whenever they decide who is coming back from Extinction.  There's a lot of strong and determined players there right now.   

I cannot wait...

Yeah, that should be a heck of a fight. We know it'll be at least in part a harnessed to a rope comp since that's the rig they set up for Aubry to practice on. There were intertwined ropes she had to maneuver through in her harness for at least one stage of the comp. Chances are there will be a puzzle component at the end after the unroping. Joe, David and Aubry are all pretty spry and could likely do well on the rope portion. Bigger guys like Chris may have more trouble.

There have been a ton of balance comps this year. They could start it out with each Extinction Islander competing in a balance comp first with the winner getting a five second head start over the second place finisher who would get a five second headstart over third who would start five seconds ahead of fourth, etc.. How long and how uncomfortable would you make yourself for a five or ten second headstart over your next competitor? Many times when the balance comps end the winner can barely stand, let alone compete in a physical comp. Do you drop out of the balance comp early, taking a thirty second penalty, but being fresher for the more physical part?

I think this was the first Survivor in recent memory where they didn't have a melee/wrestling style comp somewhere along the way where the players tackle one another and try to prevent them from reaching a goal while their teammate tries to reach the goal. Those had gotten a bit too intense recently, so I'm guessing that's why we didn't see one this year.

I'm happy Lauren has slipped off the radar screens for now and she still has her idol. She also now knows Kelly's idol is back in play and may be able to scoop that up to give her two idols. I think Wardog, Aurora, and Devens are bigger targets right now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I think -- but I'm not positive -- Dalton said weeks ago that there's also another idol available which was when they split into three tribes briefly and no one thought to go looking for a new idol.  So if I'm remembering correctly there will be two out there with Wentworth's.

Honored Contributor

So glad David's gone, he gets on my last nerve.

I think it was smart to blindside Wentworth. She has game and also personality which some don't have.  Lauren for one, and Aurora though I like her backstory.  Ron and Gavin aren't exactly exhilirating tv either.  Devens has no rooting value for me but at least he's funny.

I like how the alliances, like last season, keep changing. It's so much more fun to watch than watching people get booted in order, waiting for alliances to turn. These turn so often they've like dervishes LOL.

Honored Contributor

Dalton Ross, always fantastic, this week not to be missed:

https://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-38-episode-10/

Honored Contributor

Interesting Dalton's talk about returnees (cooties!  haha). 

Probst has said many times it's the network making him use them.  That at times he's gone to the mat bigtime and lost.  He will never win over a network president since part of the job of a network president is to keep his or her job..  Returnees, ****** the fans, make them feel good.

Next  years episodes have been cast, the challenges nailed down so the feedback about no returnees won't matter for now.  The first cast to tape will be there very soon if they're not there already.

Also the balance challenges.  Way too many.  Weather a factor.  It's too late for them to heed the complaints.  Will have to wait for 2020-21 season to see if they reduce the number of balance challenges or maybe they didn't put in that many for the 2019-20 season, that would be nice.  

Although that buttefly landing on Wardog was hilarious.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I think -- but I'm not positive -- Dalton said weeks ago that there's also another idol available which was when they split into three tribes briefly and no one thought to go looking for a new idol.  So if I'm remembering correctly there will be two out there with Wentworth's.

Someone on last night's show said they'd all been looking for idols, but couldn't find them, so they thought the advantages were all on Extinction instead of their beach. With David giving Devens an advantage from Extinction, it made sense. Lauren is the only one who knows the truth, so with any luck she'll find Kelly's idol. It sounded like the rest had given up looking for them. Lauren may need the idol with Kelly gone and Maddog flipped.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I was pretty disappointed in Kelly when she didn't use her idol.  I know she thought she didn't need it, but all those 'meaningful' glances around tribal should have told her something, right?

Well, Extinction isn't full of weak players, that's for sure--it will be awesome to see who actually makes it back. And if they are immediately voted out again.  Or will there be like a one tribal immunity for them?

I think they should all turn on Bad Dog immediately.  And then Victoria, Julie and Aurora.