Esteemed Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Ron  annoys me with all the family talk.  What happens if someone hasn't a family or friends willing to show up? Is that a requirement to be chosen?  I don't enjoy the family visits and all that crying. 

What he was saying didn't make sense to me either. He kept saying how talking up the family visit angle would keep the others from leaving Kama to form new alliances. I kept thinking...how? 

If they would be willing to leave the Kama alliance and vote one of them  out of the game (Eric) they're obviously not too concerned about him making it to the family visit. Ron seems to think he's very sneaky, and quite the manipulator, but the others saw right through him. That vote had to knock some of the wind out of his overly puffed up sails. 

Julia was smart to be open minded enough to listen to The Wardog's theory that Ron and Eric were planning on using David and Devens to get rid of the lower-ranked Kamas down the line. She was equally smart to test Eric by suggesting they vote out David or Devens rather than Kelley. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Ron  annoys me with all the family talk.  What happens if someone hasn't a family or friends willing to show up? Is that a requirement to be chosen?  I don't enjoy the family visits and all that crying. 

It is a requirement, yes, but it doesn't have to be a relative, it can be a friend, a co-worker.  Whoever someone designates.  I like the family visits although it's heartbreaking the ones that have to turn around and be driven away immediately, but that's the game.

It's a long flight for five minutes with your whoever but no doubt they treat them well wherever they house them.  Even better than the ones who don't make jury.

Honored Contributor

Aurora got some camera time tonight.  I've barely heard her speak this whole season so far.  

Being so focused on winning the Immunity Challenge while Lauren collapsed didn't earn her praise.  

Honored Contributor

NOW I know exactly who those three guys are.

EPIC.

This episode should win an Emmy for editing.  The editing was perfect.  Constant state of suspense with misdirection and foreshadowing.  That conversation where Devens was over-the-top sarcastic -- hahaha, he looked pale after the vote.

I don't know if it's because of Extinction Island or because they're just a great group but almost all of them are playing very smart. 

Not Devens.  And not David, I think he's made of liquid the way he seeps into this plan and that alliance but never has any game.  He's a waste of space.  So glad to see Wardog make a move.  Love that Wentworth and Lauren still have their idols.  

EPIC.  And next week's episode has been described as epic.  I may faint like Lauren.

Survivor fact:  Did you know medical examines every player before and after every challenge?  

Honored Contributor

Obligatory one last thing:   Again a balance challenge came down to the ladies.  My one and only complaint about another EPIC episode.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

I need a Gray's Anatomy and a Physician's Desk Reference to understand your posts!  Very glad to hear you continue to improve.  Hope the function keeps improving.  Sorry about the hole.  (That's a sentence one doesn't type very often.). 

Can you hire a landscaper or a neighborhood kid to do your gardening?  You'll be a tough boss but maybe you could make delegating fun?

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't like the family visits because that challenge is always a pick someone to go with you and I dislike those challenges.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman 

I need a Gray's Anatomy and a Physician's Desk Reference to understand your posts!  Very glad to hear you continue to improve.  Hope the function keeps improving.  Sorry about the hole.  (That's a sentence one doesn't type very often.). 

Can you hire a landscaper or a neighborhood kid to do your gardening?  You'll be a tough boss but maybe you could make delegating fun?

A hematology fellow once joked that I should have an honorary medical degree based on all I've been through and the knowledge I've picked up along the way. Basically, the bone is healing just very, very slowly and from the outside in. For bones to heal properly there needs to be adequate blood supply to feed the bones, but the shattered part in the middle (the hole) likely doesn't have and can't regenerate the blood supply necessary, so it'll stay like it is. The rest is slowly, oh so slowly, healing though.

I'm back in the garden again, just not digging. I have two large window box like planters around the front porch that I'm rebuilding, they get the trim added today, and they're being built to be self-watering. Each will have a 110 gallon stock tank under them that will be plumbed together to create a 220 gallon reservoir of rainwater for the boxes. Rain gutters on each side of the house are being diverted to them and an inch of rain should yield about 250 gallons, more than enough to supply the boxes for about a month.  The planter boxes are made to hold four inch pots and then flood from the bottom to water the plants once or twice a day using a 400 gallon per hour pump. The pump will run for twenty minutes at a time with the overflow returning to the stock tanks. When the pump shuts off,  the water will drain back out into the stock tanks. Once planted, it should be largely maintenance free. I'm also adding a drip system for my hanging baskets and other front porch plants.

I'd been hoping to add a rose garden this year, but that'll have to wait a while. My focus this year is largely on making the front garden a low to no maintenance situation, and reclaiming the back garden. 

Back to Survivor. Kelly and Lauren scare me when they don't use their idols, but it's working for them. They must have a lot of faith in their fellow Survivors. I get nervous watching the votes each week and hope they stay safe, but so far, so good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Kelly and Lauren and the idols, that was part of the exceptional editing.  This episode is one of my all-time favorites, there was so much game going on.  I'm glad Lauren is fine, she needs to win a reward.

@CelticCrafter 

Another reason I like the loved one visits is because it shakes up the game because of who the winner picks.  Winning that challenge can be a blessing or a curse.

I read last night's reward challenge was a schoolyard pick -- in case anyone doesn't know what that is, Probst pulls two names, they're team leaders and they pick someone who then picks someone etc. -- and with everything going on in the episode, I get why they couldn't show it but I would have really l liked to see who picked who and in what order.  

Honored Contributor

Joe.  Chris.  Eric.  So much hotness at Extinction and who gets the airtime?  Aubry LOL.  But good for her for thinking out of the box and finding the advantages.