Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

@DrKelli wrote:

So the preview says something about a "puppet master" tonight.  Exactly who is the puppet master?  From my couch, they all think they are running the game.

Maybe War Dog or David? Wentworth is a possibility also. We'll find out tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@DrKelli wrote:

So the preview says something about a "puppet master" tonight.  Exactly who is the puppet master?  From my couch, they all think they are running the game.

Maybe War Dog or David? Wentworth is a possibility also. We'll find out tonight.

I think we can rule out The Wardog.  (He wants that "The" in there!).  He has no game.  David seems to be unraveling. The titles used to give so much away.  I'm glad they don't.  I like being in the dark this much on Survivor for a change.

4/4:  I love when this show proves me wrong.  He was a game-changer last night.

Honored Contributor

So I went looking for something and I didn't find it but I did find this interesting fact from Redmond.  Take special note, @gardenman :

The double boots are all scheduled before the competition begins.  (I told you this show is locked down!)  So if someone is medi-vac'd (and they may or may not be but it was shown in the preview) they always cancel tribal.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Speaking of medi-vac'd, unless I've missed it, it's been a while since you updated us on your femur.  How are you doing?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman 

Speaking of medi-vac'd, unless I've missed it, it's been a while since you updated us on your femur.  How are you doing?

Saw my ortho doc on 2/20 and three or four cortices (the outer edges of the bone) are now bridged, making the femur more stable. He thinks all four are bridged, but one's under the plate so he can't be sure. The fracture line looked a bit blurrier on the latest x-rays, at least on his big computer screen back at his main station, on the laptop he carries around it looked about the same, so that indicates the fracture line is healing. There's a golf ball sized hole just above the knee in the middle of the femur, where it shattered into smaller pieces, that they don't think will ever heal. The function is coming back a bit more. I still don't have full sensation just above the knee where the quadricep was harpooned by the broken shaft. It makes going down steps kind of interesting if I try to do it normally. The left knee will typically work okay, but then buckle and you don't feel the buckle coming, so I tend to go down steps one at a time, but I use the left leg for the bottom step as there's no real fall danger that low. I'm getting back to a far more normal activity level. A year ago doing anything was a lot of work, but now I can move without thinking about it a lot. Going down steps is the only big issue right now, but I'm working on that. I'm a little paranoid about doing anything too aggressive like digging due to that hole above the knee, but I'm making progress. We do a new series of x-rays in August and then start Reclast for the osteoporosis after that. I finished with the Forteo after four months and the Exogen bone stimulator ended at three hundred days. Still taking the vitamin D weekly, but that's about all now. Things are getting better, just very, very slowly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Whew! Lauren survived again. I was afraid she might be medically evacuated after passing out, but she pulled through. Some pretty smart players this season taking out the big guns, much to the surprise of the big guns. Kind of a fun blindside tonight.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman I just wanted to say I am glad things are going better for you. Be careful on the stairs so you don't do more damage.

Good show tonight. Tribal was a surprise. I won't say more or someone will come on & say I spoiled it for them.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

So fun! I love an episode that leaves me saying Whoa, did that really just happen!

I loved it when Devens was walking with The Wardog and totally played him.

The Wardog: We need to talk about the last vote. Can we put this behind us?

Devens: Sure, no poblem. I'm so glad to get back with my old Lesu tribe. I love you guys.

The Wardog: Oh cool. Glad this is behind us. So you're willing to vote with us?

Devens: "Oh hell no, I'm not voting with you backstabbers. I hate you guys!

The Wardog: What???

I don't know if that was the right move but it was certainly deserved and definitely entertaining! David, on the other hand, seems much more willing to put the past behind him in order to move further ahead. Don't know if that's the right move either but it was interesting to see how differently they reacted to being betrayed by their alliance last week. 

Scary to see Lauren fall. I knew when she said I can't see anything she was on her way down. Been there--done that! Smiley Very Happy

* That dialog was paraphrased and not actually what was said word for word during the conversation. I just didn't feel like going back to get the exact words. 

Honored Contributor

Ron  annoys me with all the family talk.  What happens if someone hasn't a family or friends willing to show up? Is that a requirement to be chosen?  I don't enjoy the family visits and all that crying. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman , it sounds like you're doing better! Of course that golf ball sized hole above the knee sounds pretty gnarly but it sounds like it's not keeping you from being fairly mobile. 

Good for you! I hope it continues to improve. Smiley Happy