Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

Please can someone please tell me who Those Two Guys are?  

I'm not sure which "Two Guys" you're talking about, but lets use the process of elimination. I'm assuming they're not David, Devens, Joe, Keith, or Chris, so that leaves Gavin, Ron and Eric. I figure that your two are two of those three. (I'm using the cast photos at CBS and don't know them all by name.) Ron is a bit older, so my guess would be Eric and Gavin.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Mwah, thank you so much!  I went to the cast bios at CBS and by the time I signed in here...forget their names again LOL.

It's...um...Gavin and Ron! 

And OMG when you said "Eric" i thought, there's an Eric?  And I went back and Eric doesn't look familiar to me at all, it's as if I've never seen him.

Nice photo of Lauren there.  .Just saying...screen savers and stuff.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman 

Mwah, thank you so much!  I went to the cast bios at CBS and by the time I signed in here...forget their names again LOL.

It's...um...Gavin and Ron! 

And OMG when you said "Eric" i thought, there's an Eric?  And I went back and Eric doesn't look familiar to me at all, it's as if I've never seen him.

Nice photo of Lauren there.  .Just saying...screen savers and stuff.

It's almost like there was a hidden tribe that they slipped in at the merge with some new faces just to confuse us. I was that way with Aurora. There's an Aurora? Sure enough there is. Who knew?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

i am really enjoying this season of survivor and am making sure when i watch i will not be disturbed. havent felt this way in a number of seasons.

i really like joe, but it was not a huge surprise at this stage of the game. he is a beast in the challenges. i was almost surprised he didnt win this one. i will be surprised if he does not get back in the game.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Ok. So I'm a little confused. If you raise the flag on Extinction Island you go to ponderosa. But you're not on the jury?
Honored Contributor

@Susan423 wrote:
Ok. So I'm a little confused. If you raise the flag on Extinction Island you go to ponderosa. But you're not on the jury?

No, Susan, I apologize for that.  Because no one knew I went looking and found spoiiers of how  part of it was incorrect and I repeated their mistake.

This season is so awsome we will for sure go to Thread #3 and won't need any explanations.  Thanks for correcting that!

Honored Contributor

@Susan423 wrote:

That's what happened so far. The rules on reality shows tend to be written in sand however, so if everyone raised the white flag and left Extinction, they'd likely modify the rules to find a jury in Ponderosa. They're taking a bit of a risk of ending up with an even numbered jury that could result in a split vote for the winner, but it's a risk they're apparently willing to take.

In Big Brother there's a copy of the rule book kept in the house that the houseguests can refer to, and among the rules is a provision that production can alter the rules at any point of the game. So, there are rules, but they can be changed as need be. Survivor likely has a similar exception written into their rules.

If we're a few days from the end of the game and everyone on Extinction gets a bad case of diarrhea, the weather gets miserable, and they all raise the white flag to leave, you won't see a one or two person jury decide the outcome. They'd alter the rules and those who most recently went to Ponderosa would be on the jury. My suspicion is that the three jurors now will stay jurors even if one or more of them raise the white flag. I don't think production wants an ever-evolving jury. I suspect that once you've made the jury, you're a juror whether you stay on Extinction or not.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  @Susan423 

No, Gardenman, that's what I posted at the top because I had to hunt down spoilers for the process and the one I finally found was wrong and said everyone who goes to Extinction Island is jury.

I don't for one second believe Survivor could or would ever change the rules mid-game. 

BB and Survivor, they're on the same channel but they're very different games and more important, produced by totally different production companies. 

Once Survivor is taping the network likely is not even in the loop.  There's reason for them to be.  Unlike BB there's no live anything so it's Probst's game.

He knows the game better than anyone obviously and he knows people who want the spot that badly won't quit.  He knows there will be a jury of more than one or two. 

Unless someone is medi-vac'd I would bet no one else leaves Extinction Island but I've been wrong before and that's fun, that's the beauty of the surprise.  Why it's my favorite show.

No tampering.  Nothing to tamper.  No one can talk to the cast except Probst.  Challenges nailed down before casting is completed.  Production preps from September to May, shoots two seasons from May to August, it's edited back here and the votes stay with Probst and his team of trusty EPs until the finale.  

The only seasons that were totally spoiled were by Russell Hantz, for revenge, on Sux.   And if people on Ponderosa are unanimous then the cast knows how it went to but not since Russell has anyone blabbed it and he sunk his own battleship because blabbing it got him banned permanently.

BB, Survivor, totally different.  I believe there's tampering on BB.  It's so easy, an ever-evolving, frequently live show where maybe nothing is nailed down, especially when the production company and thenetwork are monitoring audience feedback day and night.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman   @Susan423 

One more thing (all those words and I still forgot something):

In 38 seasons there's never been an outbreak of diarrhea or anything else spreading to the cast.  And when the weather gets bad they evacuate everybody for the day or two.  It's all baked in.

Probst knows there will be plenty of jury members.  Potentially more than ever before, that's what they hoped for.  

And if there is a tie one of two things will happen:  They will tell the jury at the time on the island and have them re-vote as many times as it takes for one person to change their vote.  Or Probst has had the tie votes all this time and we'll have an epic finale with live re-votes.  (But I think it's probably door number one.)

Respected Contributor

So the preview says something about a "puppet master" tonight.  Exactly who is the puppet master?  From my couch, they all think they are running the game.