Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

@DrKelli wrote:

@gardenman , I made the same comment about Aurora last night.  I felt like I was watching the first episode of a new season because there were a number of people I didn't recognize.

I'm with @LoriLori , I don't like challenges that can be affected by weather.  I was really hoping Julia or whatever her name was didn't win.  I don't like her.

is this merge kind of early?  I know I missed 2 weeks (which I have since caught up on), but I feel like this merge happened really early.

When I heard Jeff say "Aurora" I thought I must have misheard, so I Googled "Aurora Survivor" on my tablet and there she was. I guess with just one tribe constantly going to tribal a few players stayed off the radar. I'm not sure this wasn't the most people arriving at a tribal after the merge who didn't have torches. Pretty much everyone had to grab a torch and light it. It was kind of funny.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I love Joe but what was with his hair at tribal?

You knew as soon as someone said (at tribal) Joe did nothing but sit around and paint, he was a-goner.

Joe's whole look...it looked like he was trying to channel Johnny Depp's Pirate look. 

Esteemed Contributor

It seems a lot of us were mystified as to who this elusive Aurora person is! The Manu tribe, that merged as the Lesu tribe (I hope I got that right), were so bad that we spent the majority of the time watching them as they prepared for night after night of Tribal Council which left little time to get to know the members of Kama. I was surprised to be reminded there's both a Julie AND a Julia! I guess we'll be seeing more of them now that they've merged.

Joey Amazing~

Like the Phoenix may you rise up from the ashes of your extinguished torch and emerge victorious! 

I just hope a lot of camera time is now devoted to Extinction Island. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gardenman   @DrKelli   @SusieQ_2 

Dalton Ross has talked about Aurora's' absence in prior weeks. 

I know who Aurora is, always have.  Her name got my attention from day one because it's Sleeping Beauty's name and I was like wow, such a pretty name, why don't more people use it?  She's my first Aurora so she stuck out.

But I can't tell those two guys apart.  You know, Those Two Guys?  I don't know either of their names so in my pea brain they're always Those Two Guys and I don't recall any game moves or wins or anything, it's like I have Those Two Guys amnesia.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

I love Joe but what was with his hair at tribal?

You knew as soon as someone said (at tribal) Joe did nothing but sit around and paint, he was a-goner.

Joe's whole look...it looked like he was trying to channel Johnny Depp's Pirate look. 

Someone makes the Johnny Depp comparison everytime he's on (which has been three seasons) LOL.  I think he's more handsome than Johnny Depp.  Well, at least 2019 Johnny Depp vs. 2018 Joe Anglim.

Honored Contributor

We'll likely see a lot from Extinction Island with two vets (Joe and Aubry) now there. I think the returning vets and the nonstop losing by the one tribe, combined with the looniness of Wendy and perpetually drowning Keith had limited production's coverage of the rest of the cast. Now with everyone together in one camp, we'll likely get to know more of them. I was surprised to hear there was an Aurora, and several others didn't look familiar at all, but now we should get a chance to see more of everybody. Given that production already knows who wins, I wonder if the lack of early coverage is a good, or bad sign. Lots of coverage sure wasn't good for Aubry, Keith, Wendy, or Joe. Maybe us never hearing of Aurora is a good omen for her. 

It must be kind of weird to go through all you have to do to get on a show like Survivor, only to never make it on the screen until the merge. It would make watch parties with friends and families a bit awkward. "There! You can just see my elbow there! And in this comp I was just to the right of Joe! You can't see me, but I was there."

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Did Joe have that mustache before? 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Did Joe have that mustache before? 

Just googled him and I don't know if it's by season by he's clean-shaven, he's got a mustache and a goatee and now the mustache.  

Honored Contributor

Please can someone please tell me who Those Two Guys are?  

Honored Contributor

@gardenman  

LOL LOL LOL at "Perpetually Drowning Keith."