Honored Contributor

Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

This is the second thread.  The first one got long and some people agreed.  Below is an explanation of how Extinction Island works:

Once you go to Extinction Island you don't get to go on the trip for eliminated players. You are part of the jury no matter what. Yes, the jury may have 15 players.

There are two chances to get back in:

One is "at the merge." I assume that means the day of the merge.  Merge and then surprise!  It's ____!  The comp will be on Extinction Island. Winner goes back in the game at the merge.  People in the regular game will not know who else is at Extinction Island.

Whoever does not win the comp at the merge gets to stay on Extinction Island. The second comp to select who gets back in the game takes place when they're down to five, and that means there will be a final six.

If someone raises the white flag, they are still not out of the game.  They go to Ponderosa.

The only way to leave the game and take the vacation for eliminated contestants is to choose not to go to Extinction Island.  

So the jury theoretically will be as big as 15 -- assuming everyone chooses Extinction Island -- and the show will cut back and forth all season from the main island, camp life and comps and tribal, to Extinction Island so we can see how the people there are faring.

Hopefully there is no cannibalism.

Honored Contributor

Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction Thread #2 - SPOILERS

Ironic that Reem didn't raise the white mast considering she lied that she's only there to look after Keith and he no longer needs her, he has others.  

Bye Devens! 

Sorry but just so relieved it wasn't Hogwarts.  I hate his nickname (even though he's a vet) but I find him very attractive and also smart and a good competitor.  I hope he lasts beyond next week (on the main island LOL).  When he did the math of the three tribes working out like that I was wowed.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband can do that math like wardog and I am terrible in math so I always joke that is why I married him. I wish Reem would just pull the mast, Keith has others to help him now. I wanted the Subway guy to stay longer, he was entertaining to me. You got to love a tribe who voted out their strongest guy than whines about losing a challenge.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like every season the show has a Mother Goose type of personality who gets voted off quickly. There seems to always be an attorney on board. Any other personalities you've noticed that the show tries to fit in each season?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake  Is there an attorney?  Hogwarts is a law student like Cochran was (and left school when Jeff hooked him up with Hollywood comedy writers, and he and Jeff are besties now IRL). 

Every time someone says "Cochran" an angel gets their wings..

The older women can be bossy and obnoxious.  The only one I remember, and I don't remember her name, was a woman who was called "lunch lady" because she worked in a school cafeteria.  She got pretty deep in the game.  She was quite likeable....

...and I just googled her and that's dangerous, sigh.  Her name is Denise, she came in fourth, and there's a scandal involving her lying at the reunion.  Now I know why she was never brought back, she's damaged goods.

Honored Contributor

i wonder how long before the three tribes gets to one? i wonder if they would drop back to two tribes again first?

not sure why strong people are being voted out.....this isnt the time to necessarily do that.

if wendy moves forward too much more i am just going to scream!

age distribution

TEENS 1

20s 7

30s 6

40s 4

reem and julie are the oldest contestants at 46,

i think the casts seem to be trending younger and younger.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't watch BB anymore but I remember them winning TAR, they were an impressive couple:

Jessica and Cody had a baby girl today named Maverick

Honored Contributor

Reminder:  Tonight is two hours long.

Honored Contributor

Whew! Lauren is scaring me not using her idol on these close votes, but she survived again. Next week we have the merge and an extinct player comes back. That should be interesting. I'm guessing Joe will be a huge target after the merge since he pretty much wins everything. That's valuable when you're on a team, but dangerous when it's an individual game. Lauren should be much less of a target after the merge. The big guys and obnoxious idiots will move up the target list and someone like Lauren should become less of a target. (I wonder if she could have kept her idol on Extinction Island and then still used it if she made it back?)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm really annoyed Aubrey didn't use her idol last night. 

Bad move...