Respected Contributor

Re: Survivor: Davids vs. Goliaths - SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

@IlliniGirl88, thank goodness!  That must mean you and your family came through it okay. 

I am soooooo glad I don't have to look at Jeremy's junk anymore.  He and -- is it Angelina in the silver, tight leggings? -- are just vulgar.

Why when it was raining soooooo hard when they showed up for the challenge was it mostly dry when they were done???

@LoriLori  -  I post over on the Days thread what happened with us and the storm last night.  Things didn't get ramped up for us until after Survivor.  Storm got bad around 10ish and lasted until about 1:30-2:00.  The rain was worse than on the show.Woman LOL 

I was wondering about the girl in the silver tights too, can't remember her name, but they don't flatter her.  Natalie is just a pill, she has zero personality and very abrasive.  I wish they'd have voted her out, but I bet she goes farther in the game than people expect.  I could see them just ignoring her and taking out stronger players first, but what do I know. 

Honored Contributor

Hi, @SusieQ_2 !  Great to see you!  Loved your post.  Interesting about BB...

...When I saw the wrestler I thought:  Alison Grodner must be crying she didn't get him for BB.  She loves wrestlers!  No one's ever gone from Survivor to BB, have they?  Or did Russell's nephew do that?

Honored Contributor

Willie Hantz was on BB, but not Survivor. I think it's trickier casting Survivor players on BB due to the timing. Survivor is typically taped six months or more in advance of the show's airing. By the time Survivor has aired the player will have been off camera for a year or so. With BB everything takes place in real time so they can go directly from BB to TAR or Survivor. There's very little downtime. It could also be they're looking for different 'types.' We've had a few BB players who'd auditioned for Survivor but ended up on BB. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone auditioning for BB and being diverted to Survivor.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I think the woman in the silver pants is named Angelina or Angelica?

Jeremy's paranoia ruined his game.  Despite that, I read an article where he said that he had played a perfect game, in his opinion!

I was surprised that they got rid of him and not Natalie.  I'm sure she will join up with the Goliath tribe and try to vote out the Davids.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori, I'm glad G'man fielded that question. I'm terrible at remembering past seasons, players, statistics, and all the things that dedicated fans can reel off at the drop of a hat. The only ones that played in both, that I can recall offhand, are Hayden Moss and Caleb Reynolds. They're both good looking guys...could that have something to with my recollection? lol

I think they went from BB to Survivor rather than the other way around though.

This may sound weird coming from a huge BB fan but I almost feel that going from Survivor to BB would be a bit of a demotion. I feel like there's a deeper respect for being the winner of Survivor (the sole survivor!) vs being the winner of BB. I also think there's more to it than the million $ prize for the former though 1/2 a mil is nothing to sneeze at! Maybe it's that Survivor is a rougher game compared to BB with its "have nots" with cold showers and slop? In the same vein I feel like TAR is like a lateral move for either show. I don't know if any of that makes sense, it pobably doesn't, but those are the twisted thoughts that rattle around in my head. Smiley Very Happy

I thought I knew who you were talking about (the wrestler) so I looked him up because I haven't learned all their names yet. I remember looking at him (John) during the last episode and thinking he's huge-- it's no wonder he's on the Goliath tribe! Yes, I agree that Alison G would probably love to get her hands on him (so to speak). I guess I should say she'd love to cast him on BB. Speaking of wrestlers, Mr. Pec-Tacular, Jessie, made his appearance on BB this season and, ten years later, he still looks great. Not that I'm a fan of those giant muscles but he is aging very well. And...he is now a daddy to an adorable little son.

Godderz and Lucas Princeton

I feel like I got a little off topic, but the wrestler talk brought Jessie to mind. 

Honored Contributor

Hi, @SusieQ_2!  So great to see you again!!!!  And don't sell yourself short, you came up with Hayden and Caleb and no one else did, like me the Survivor superfan.  

You make perfect sense re BB vs Survivor.  I agree that going from Survivor to BB would be a demotion.  No one is humiliated by the showrunners on Survivor!  They have to humiliate themselves.  And no Zingbot!  They have to zing one another! 

And of course six-week shoot, spring to summer back to back shows, and when you're voted off you get to live in luxury and sure, who would want to take a paycut to be under the microscope 24/7 for around twice the time?

Loved your whole post.  Jesse's baby is adorable and why am I surprised he's still doing his appearance on BB.  Isn't he kind of a dinosaur now or is it more like knowing he's coming, they eagerly await him?

The last BB season I enjoyed was the one with the coaches and it was all downhill from there for me so I don't miss it.  OTOH no matter how blah or annoying the season I still love and look forward to my Survivor.

Honored Contributor

Well, that was fun. I'm kind of happy with tonight's blindside. 

Spoiler
Bossy Natalia was given the boot. Kind of a surprise with three Goliaths to just two David's, but she would be tough to live with.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Good one.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed the last two blindside boots.

Trusted Contributor

Me too!  The last two episodes (especially last night), had an exciting finish.